Former Jarhead to Current Jarheads...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Former Jarhead to Current Jarheads...

Full Member Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Default Former Jarhead to Current Jarheads...

Just curious... I served the Misguided Children from '97 to '01. Back then, we smoked in our barracks rooms, even though it was not technically "allowed," and nobody (not even the non-smokers) made a stink about it. Hell, half of us would smoke while running our 3-mile PFT (only a slight exageration). E-cigs weren't available back then, but I'm sure the Marine Corps of the late 90s would have fully supported the technology. What's their position on vaping now? Do they allow it indoors? Is it allowed in your personal barracks quarters? On boat? etc...? Just curious how the Marines of today are being treated by their magnificent, if sometimes beaurocratic, superiors.

Semper Fi Devil Dog had a crusty gungy old master guns used to run us on company pt while smoking a stogie crazy pipe swinging badass that he was .3/6 my command sayed no smoking in our barracks but we did ne ways even put smokers together in the same rooms . btw served USMC 94 to oo

Full Member Verified Member

Semper Fi leather necks!! I was in from '90 to' 94. Same as above paired smokers together. I was in the Air Wing though... We had it good compared to the grunts.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My fellow Brothers of Arms, I was in from '71 to '75. I remember my PT instructor lead us in PT with a stogie crammed in and he never took it out while running and dang, that man could run! I also remember my DI telling us that smoking was a great way of keeping the skeeter bugs off of you or at least making them go to the next guy. Go figure.
    And Semper Fi!
    Admirals Atomizer likes this.
    And that's all I smoke now!

PV Master ECF Veteran WarHawk-AVG's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ejuiceconnoisseur View Post
    Just curious... I served the Misguided Children from '97 to '01. Back then, we smoked in our barracks rooms, even though it was not technically "allowed," and nobody (not even the non-smokers) made a stink about it. Hell, half of us would smoke while running our 3-mile PFT (only a slight exageration). E-cigs weren't available back then, but I'm sure the Marine Corps of the late 90s would have fully supported the technology. What's their position on vaping now? Do they allow it indoors? Is it allowed in your personal barracks quarters? On boat? etc...? Just curious how the Marines of today are being treated by their magnificent, if sometimes beaurocratic, superiors.
    92-98 here, 2841
    Would spark up a Red within 20 feet of the finish line on the PFT
    Bootcamp final PFT 19min20~ seconds...went downhill from there

Would definitely like to find out more on what the new corps is all about

"An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it"
    "A vaper without a multi-meter, is like a Mechanic without a wrench"

Moved On Verified Member

Semper Fi, my brothers.

We smoked, we drank, we chased tail.

77-07

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by KnurledNut View Post
    Semper Fi, my brothers.

We smoked, we drank, we chased tail.

77-07
    And then we got smarter and found out that chasing tail was a lot more fun. Not to mention that we never woke up with a hang over chasing tail!
    And that's all I smoke now!

Full Member Verified Member Jzaelke's Avatar

I've been in since '07 and the whole DOD has taken a stance against tobacco, most recently noticed in the fact that base smokes can no longer be cheaper than out in town. Also just saw this on reddit from a devil down in 29 stumps...

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

That.. is disturbing.

PV Master ECF Veteran WarHawk-AVG's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jzaelke View Post
    I've been in since '07 and the whole DOD has taken a stance against tobacco, most recently noticed in the fact that base smokes can no longer be cheaper than out in town. Also just saw this on reddit from a devil down in 29 stumps...
    Oh for cripes sakes!!! That picture is just freeking all sorts of messed up!

Spent 11 months in the stumps for MOS school, then another 6 months in 97 at CAX...it sucked!

"An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it"
    "A vaper without a multi-meter, is like a Mechanic without a wrench"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast