Oh How I Hate APO Shipping!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Oh How I Hate APO Shipping!!!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by GoodInk View Post
    Wow only a few place can you get mail that fast, like Best Buy and Tirerack. They have a deal worked out for faster shipping.
    Hmm. Maybe Amazon has some deal worked out as well.
    When I was stationed in the Netherlands, books from Amazon would come in about 4 days after order. And anything else from Amazon was usually 7 days tops.
    Everywhere else, roughly 2 weeks.

Full Member Verified Member

Yea most things from Amazon I get in a weeks time, same with tire rack altho the postal clerks were not happy with my mud tires and tried to tell me the FPO address was for official mail only. Shipping was like 140$ to my building address and only 60$ to the FPO, I don't know what their deal is but all my mail goes to the FPO
    JonnyB88 likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Word of warning for anyone in Manas, Stamps.com will change the zip code when the vendor enters in the system. I'm working with Stormy's Vapor right now, I'm hoping I caught it before they shipped it, I really don't want to wait the extra 2 weeks for my mail to get here from Afghan like last time.

In the meantime..... Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Stuff sometimes takes 2+ weeks to get here to RAF Lakenheath, but sometimes very rarely, 2-3 days. That almost never happens, typically 7-10 days. I got some vape mail in right now though from OSDIYS that is waiting for pick up, only 3 days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    JonnyB88 likes this.
    <-------Big fan of Wintersun!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well the good news is Carolyn at Stormy's took good care of me. The error was caught before the package was sent out through the Post Office. The bad news is they couldn't get Stamps to use the correct zip code. So if TDY make sure to if you order something they use Stamps.com for shipping, make sure to double check the address when they send you the tacking number or yo may not get your package.

Full Member Verified Member ParaGrunt's Avatar

Bahrain here and have been waiting on a Red Provari Mini since the middle of August. It left the Chicago sorting facility and disappeared off of the face of the earth. Luckily Provape is sending me another one. Usually I get my Provape orders in 5 days. Most other orders in 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaGrunt View Post
    Bahrain here and have been waiting on a Red Provari Mini since the middle of August. It left the Chicago sorting facility and disappeared off of the face of the earth. Luckily Provape is sending me another one. Usually I get my Provape orders in 5 days. Most other orders in 7 days.
    Same thing's happening to me at the moment...three seperate packages, from 2 separate vendors. They all hit Chicago and "departed sort facility" and...nothing. All departed on different days, and the earliest is pushing past a week now. ...? Anyone know why this is?
    On another (semi-coinciding) note, all of my packages started out of California...now, isn't Chicago in the wrong direction? I'm assuming it's the "APO" controlling this, but it's so much easier to go from CA-wesward, right? I guess USPS agrees that, "If it makes sense, it should not be done," in true military fashion. lol
    El Redo likes this.

Full Member Verified Member ParaGrunt's Avatar

Chicago is the "Hub" for APO/FPO's at least for the ME/EUR area. I don't know about the far east. I know our "PSC" number has changed due to this. The old hub's were SF for the far east and NY for EUR and ME. Gotta love smaller GOVT!

It's even worse when you're on a ship that is constantly moving. We have to wait for the occasionaly UNREP to get our mail. That is if the post office doesn't decide to hold back a care package and not inform the sender that they opened it up and just let it sit for two weeks. Not that I'm bitter about it or anything. It does have my VANILLA mod, rebuilding supplies, batteries and charger.
    Kent Brooks likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ParaGrunt View Post
    Chicago is the "Hub" for APO/FPO's at least for the ME/EUR area. I don't know about the far east. I know our "PSC" number has changed due to this. The old hub's were SF for the far east and NY for EUR and ME. Gotta love smaller GOVT!
    California is the hub for AP.. The pacific side of the world

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast