Oh How I Hate APO Shipping!!!
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Oh How I Hate APO Shipping!!!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Oh How I Hate APO Shipping!!!

I forgot the pain of waiting on shipping to APO adresses, I can't wait for my boxes to get here. Waiting on a Term V2, RSST, Natural, and e-liquids. One week down atleast two more to go

I know how you feel. It's usually about 7 - 10 days here. Then there's the whole night shift thing where all the mid shifters half to wait 1-2 hours for the post office to open with a nice yellow slip in our hands. I wish they had those lock box things where they put a key in your box and you just unlock it when ever you want.
    JonnyB88 and Synyster like this.

ECF Veteran

That sounds like Ramstien, you had to show up 30 mins early. Every once and awhile you could go around back at night and find someone to hook you up.

Brings back sad memories of finding the slip after the pick up window was closed. Those yellow slips could make you so happy and so sad at the same time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

ECF Veteran

My box from SVC went to Afghan Thank God they took the time to look me up, some how the last number in the zip code got fat fingered.

Full Member Verified Member

I'm stationed on Guam and it usually takes around 2 weeks to get most things. IT sucks since when you see the tracking it will move from the east coast to LA super quick, then after that it has to sit in hawaii and when it eventually hits Guam it sits in the military post office another 3 days or so before it hits our box.

Full Member Verified Member

And I went to the post office today to check if I had anything and there is a sign on the door that says " CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE" so pissed right now, it better be open tomorow...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by GoodInk View Post
    That sounds like Ramstien, you had to show up 30 mins early. Every once and awhile you could go around back at night and find someone to hook you up.
    Or, if you're a mid-shift SF, call in a post office alarm requiring at least one of them to come in. Usually ended up with, "Well, since I'm here, you guys wanna get your packages?"
    Not that we EVER did that on purpose...

But, I absolutely hated APO shipping. If there was a way to track APO shipping, or pay extra for expedited shipping once it reached the military postal system, I would have been all over that when I was in.

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Geeez. Things have really gone downhill since I was in (retired in 1999). APO shipping in the 80s and 90s usually took less than a week.

ECF Veteran

Wow only a few place can you get mail that fast, like Best Buy and Tirerack. They have a deal worked out for faster shipping.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast