Deployment/Durable set up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Deployment/Durable set up

Default Deployment/Durable set up

Hey all this thread is going to be dedicated finding that perfect set up for deployments and active jobs.
    I currently don't have a deployment set up but my plan is to use a black K-100 with a Igo-w clone, this seems like the most durable set up I can think of.
    Anyone have any info on good durable set up's?
    my only experience is with a king mod and a I-go W, Iíve taken it to a few gun ranges had it drop on concrete, fall out of a (parked) care and it still goes strong with only a few scratches.
    Please share stories and experiences as well as ideas.
    Nana Gail likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Looting government buildings in a town near U!!!!!!!!!!

I did 8 months (HARD TIME ON USS PELELIU) with a Provari mini (8 batteries), 4 RSSTs also a few Vivi Nova tanks and heads with a Vamo as back ups. Tons of wire and wick for rebuilds and 2 chargers. Just remember to have a back-up for your back-up for your back-up
    Uma likes this.

King of the Clouds Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

A mechanical is the way to go, avoid glass tanks stick with something durable. Dripper is perfect bring enough cotton and kanthal to get you through. Get a few DIY juices and your set. I would bring a good four batteries and hope that you can restock some things at an APO address. Go cheap because you may be able to get some things while you away, no sense in spending a lot to find out you can get whatever you want from a care package.
    "Don't drip and drive!"-Cloud Junky

I brought a k100 with me topped with a igo w. It held it up well. I think next time it will be a reo, from what I hear they're really tough
    Uma and Borescoped like this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I work in the Saudi Oilfield and my Z2.2 DX650 runs like a champ with IGO-w. Its a little heavy but its 100% highend stainless steel and built last.

Uma
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Thank you for your service to our country all!

A nice mvp v2 might be handy, due to its long life between charges, small size, and the fact that if any snooties see it, you can honestly call it a cellphone charger. .
    UNITED WE STAND... divided we fall.
    Join http://casaa.org & protect your right to vape

Durable is a relative term!! Depends on where you deploy. I am currently in the Stan and using a Vapor King Storm with two spare batts, and an e-go c Twist for my variable voltage needs. The unit i am inbedded with all use Totally wicked Tornadoes. We have one contractor that uses a VAMO 2. The big thing is something immune to dust, easy to charge, and durable. The other thing is to bring something you will not be heartbroken if it breaks/gets destroyed. That said, you can order just about anything out here through the mail. Almost all companies will mail to an APO address and allot of those see the "Magic Letters" in your address, "FOB", and will include personal messages and "Gifts". Vapor 4 Life is one such company and are great to the Deployed personnel IMHO. Hope this helps.
    AudreySchroder and Nana Gail like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

i am deployed right now and my go to device is a Just GG with Ithaka i also have a ihybrid and a dripper that get used as well

Retired Army here... I am contracting in Afghanistan.. MVP2 with a Nautilus Mini and a few Halo tanks and Halo batteries... Thanking the Army Post Office for delivering my e-juice and e-cig supplies... Just have to hold my breath when I order and hope that it gets here quickly....
    Huntersgreen66 and Nana Gail like this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

AR-15 mod. No seriously. For real. Then maybe a cheap 3 post dripper.
    Nana Gail likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast