• 1 Post By mac63
  • 2 Post By Towmotor
  • 2 Post By DianeS
  • 1 Post By its_dizzle
  • 1 Post By DianeS

Thread: I wish..

Full Member Verified Member its_dizzle's Avatar

Default I wish..

i am in the USN and work in an admiral building. i am on a 12 on 12 off watch bill and i wish i can vape in my watch station. its less that i cannot not but more of i cant. the fire alarms are so sensitive that other people have put on the alarm before. multiple times. AHH!! anyone else have these issues?

Ultra Member Verified Member mac63's Avatar

Don't have that problem. Don't blow the vapor toward the detectors - try exhaling toward the deck. Reduce cloud size.
    its_dizzle likes this.

If the sensors are that sensitive, try holding in your inhale for a few seconds, allow the vapor to dissipate in your lungs....when you exhale virtually no vapor escapes. Not as pleasurable an experience as exhaling a satisfying plume but if it gets you through your watch....
    its_dizzle and keonee like this.

Full Member Verified Member DianeS's Avatar

Another trick is to inhale from your ecig, wait a sec then grab another quick inhale then slowly exhale. The cloud should be gone or almost gone. Practice it when you are not on deck, it doesn't take long to get used too. I did it stealthing in front of a local govt representive who is a co-sponser on DE HB309 which add ecigs & their "ilk" to our clean air act which if you cant smoke a analog there then you cant vape there either. Which if I figure it right shuts down all vaping stores in the state, downstate we 3 or 4, 1 I know of in midstate & 2 upstate I think.
    its_dizzle and keonee like this.

Full Member Verified Member its_dizzle's Avatar

Hahah. I do that all. Not as enjoyable but keeps me off the analogs. Hahah. I guess its tje fear of the unknown. Hahah
    DianeS likes this.
    DON'T DRIP AND DRIVE. YOU MIGHT SPILL YOUR JUICE!

Full Member Verified Member DianeS's Avatar

Yah, can understand the "fear", no need to get busted over it, art 15s aren't fun. But if ya cant do without them on the 12/12 shift I can understand. Its funny in a way, the military used to put cigs in their old version of mres, c rats & whatnot, but now its like "OMG, you have to be above healthy doing a job that you might die on anyways". No win situation.

Anyways, Its Dizzle, I wish ya the best & a big thank you from this old ODS vet. Be safe man.
    its_dizzle likes this.