Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Aroma review thread

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

It is a really good review. It's nice to hear from someone who is so familiar with different types of regular tobacco that can apply that knowledge to eliquid flavors.
    Cnew likes this.

Sanity is overrated. I'd rather be happy.

PV Master* Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Ex-pipe smokers (like me) tend to really enjoy Aroma's tobacco flavors. Turkish blend, Beatle Juice, and Sahara are all good flavors to me.

I just started rewicking with cotton (previously used silica, but had to see what the hype was all about), and I'm getting mixed results on flavor. Some flavors are "popping" more, and some are being muted. I'll let the wicks break in, then come back and chat about it some more.
    Cnew likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PLANofMAN View Post
    Ex-pipe smokers (like me) tend to really enjoy Aroma's tobacco flavors. Turkish blend, Beatle Juice, and Sahara are all good flavors to me.

I just started rewicking with cotton (previously used silica, but had to see what the hype was all about), and I'm getting mixed results on flavor. Some flavors are "popping" more, and some are being muted. I'll let the wicks break in, then come back and chat about it some more.
    what wattage (voltage/resistance combo?) are you using with your Aroma tobaccos? I go up and down on voltage with a 1.7 ohm carto or atty and always seem to forget where the best flavor occurred the last time!
    “May today there be peace within.
    May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be."

PV Master* Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I'm glad you asked. It seems that I was vaping at 3.5 v on a 2.2 oHm rebuilt coil (ProTank). I'm not sure why my ProVari was set so low. No wonder the taste was lacking. I turned it up to 4.1v and now everything tastes fine.

1.8-2.5 oHm coils, 3.8-4.2 volts seems to be the sweet spot for me, with tobacco flavors.

edit: Now I remember why I had it set to 3.5v. I had a Aga-T with a 3.0 oHm coil on there earlier. I need to rebuild that one with lower oHms. 4.1v just gave me a burned taste.

I don't do the Watts conversion. I just vape to taste. I know if I make my coils within certain tolerances (1.8-2.5 oHms) I can get a good vape out of it. Certain dessert flavored juices require the voltage to be in the 3.5v range for me, but that is the exception, rather than the rule. I vape most everything at 4.2v when using silica. I'm finding that cotton is less forgiving, but easier to work with when rebuilding coils.
    Last edited by PLANofMAN; 12-28-2013 at 07:15 AM.
    Cnew likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PLANofMAN View Post
    I'm glad you asked...
    I don't do the Watts conversion. I just vape to taste....
    That's my MO too!!
    PLANofMAN likes this.
    “May today there be peace within.
    May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be."

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789