Like Tree57Likes

Thread: I need help from people who know more about WTA than I

Signature Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Default I need help from people who know more about WTA than I

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...te-flavor.html

This thread started off well enough. A guy used a cold ethanol extraction to make a cleaner NET. Now he's claiming to have made a new form of WTA and is badmouthing Dvap.

His extract almost certainly has both tar and resin byproducts in it, among other things. I just don't know how to respond to this guy anymore.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Nevermind. Dvap is countering with science and knowledge.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Lol. Ok I have to admit that was an enjoyable little trip back out into the wilds of ECF. I will also admit I didn't understand a damn bit of what Dvap was saying other then the part about the longer and more agressive the extraction the more crud your going to get along with the stuff your actually after

If your going to post drama then give me time to make popcorn first

Nicotiana Alchemia Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I'd give him a break. For as much as I'm not a fan of soak type extractions (at some point, you'd just as well smoke), this one is probably a bit cleaner than some others. He's ordered the nicotine determination kit from Wizard Labs (who credit the method back to me on their product page, lol), and he'll find out soon enough that the actual alkaloid content is quite low.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by homeprogreen View Post
    Lol. Ok I have to admit that was an enjoyable little trip back out into the wilds of ECF. I will also admit I didn't understand a damn bit of what Dvap was saying other then the part about the longer and more aggressive the extraction the more crud you're going to get along with the stuff you're actually after
    Basically, the guy got his knickers in a twist because he wanted it to be "WTA extracted via ethanol". What it actually is, is a nice, clean(ish) NET, with a high alkaloid content (for a NET). Wonderboy got 10% alkaloids and 90% other stuff. He should be proud of himself.

I don't know how pure it would have to be for Dvap to call it WTA, but a 10% alkaloid extraction doesn't make it.

I might try making it myself, just to try a NET tobacco. I'd be tempted to buy some Zeolite from an aquarium supply store to mix with the Everclear and absorb some of the 5% water content. That water is catching a lot of resins and tars that I'd rather not vape. I'd suggest doing so in that thread, but the OP doesn't seem the type to want help.

Edit: in case you guys are wondering, people have been doing "Ethanol Tobacco Extraction" since 2008, if not earlier. This guy's big breakthrough is that he did a cold extraction. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he wasn't the first to do so.

Edit 2: Ethanol might get the tobacco specific nitrosamines (carcinogens) too, and if you are using American tobacco which is likely fermented, those are in elevated amounts. That's something that we don't have to worry about in Aroma's WTA because he sources tobacco that is low in nitrosamines.

Quote Originally Posted by DVap View Post
    ...He's ordered the nicotine determination kit from Wizard Labs (who credit the method back to me on their product page, lol)...
    You going to hit them up for royalties?
    Last edited by PLANofMAN; 01-04-2014 at 10:06 AM.
    snork and homeprogreen like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I miss all the fun. I'll go read thru that thread just to see what was said.

Sanity is overrated. I'd rather be happy.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

In a way I'm kinda over giving a crap about such things. I know what my WTA is, how it's made, who made it, shook his hand. Other people might make WTA in a different way or whatever but what gets me is the way people in the vaping world almost crucified Jerry (and some still try) but the minute some other bozo shows up folks just blindly go "Ooooooo! I want some!"
    hittman, Cnew, PLANofMAN and 1 others like this.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Godspeed to those who have the time, knowledge, and ambition to attempt all this. Me, I'll just keep giving my money to Jerry and my gratitude to DVap.
    snork, Cnew, PLANofMAN and 3 others like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Whenever someone tries to make their own wta and then talks about getting a "buzz" and it being too strong then I can't help but wonder what's in it. I don't know about you folks but I don't get a buzz from real wta.
    homeprogreen and Robinowitz like this.

Sanity is overrated. I'd rather be happy.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

No buzz here. Like right now I *really really* could use a buzz but I ain't got squat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast