Red Tail Line - Wheres the Tobacco! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Red Tail Line - Wheres the Tobacco!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by radiokaos View Post
    I'm not sure what you are implying but our unflavored DIY WTA is 100% VG with 0% of PG. This is no dilution of any kind which includes Nicotine.

That being said I will see what can be done about the label stating 100%VG and 0%PG for future batches.

If you would like we will send you another batch of DIY WTA for free (shipping not included). All I ask is that you provide us with a unbiased review of the product we send you.
    Hi Jerry
    My first post on this thread today was a sort of wish list. In the past 2 years all the RedTail VG based flavored wta e-liquids had way too much PG, for me, so I have to dilute... but I kept trying and buying more. There are only a couple tobacco flavors as well (hence the reason for the OP.)

I have to dilute with my 100% VG to tone down the PG. Some of your e-liquids that I have purchased from you had 70VG/30PG on the labels (some never had any reference to VG/PG ratios at all), and one of my unflavored DIY 24mg wta was labeled 60/40. Way too much PG for me.

This new bottle that I bought in December is labeled as 100% VG Based. My "wonky taste buds" as PlanoMan put it, detects an acrid taste, but as I stated, not implied, it could be due to the type of tobacco or process involved. So, it must be the tobacco, right?

I buy and make 100% VG (as in no PG or other solvents used) and don't get the sharp bite like I do with the latest unflavored DIY and other's that I've tried.
    I do keep trying because I'm desperate to have the effects of truly unflavored WTA's 100% VG liquid that I was fortunate to buy last summer from another supplier. I keep trying because I don't want to have to dilute the wta effects.

Quote Originally Posted by PLANofMAN View Post
    Look at the ingredient list. Should say "contains..." If there is added PG or flavoring, that will be mentioned. If it has flavoring, chances are it's PG based, (you already know that, though).
    In your statement 2 or 3 paragraphs above, you posted "100% VG Based, No PG" (with quotes) so I thought you actually meant yours had that exact wording on the label.
    Last edited by ~Sue~Feb2012; 02-03-2014 at 11:24 PM. Reason: clarity to PlanoMan

Vaping since Feb. 2012, avoiding approx. 30-35 cigs a day. Everything I tried prior to finding e-cigs failed! Write to your Senators and Representatives, the CDC and the FDA. Tell your e-cig story to them and to CASAA too and let our voices be heard!

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran radiokaos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by searching4answers View Post
    Hi Jerry
    My first post on this thread today was a sort of wish list. In the past 2 years all the RedTail VG based flavored wta e-liquids had way too much PG, for me, so I have to dilute... but I kept trying and buying more. There are only a couple tobacco flavors as well (hence the reason for the OP.)

I have to dilute with my 100% VG to tone down the PG. Some of your e-liquids that I have purchased from you had 70VG/30PG on the labels (some never had any reference to VG/PG ratios at all), and one of my unflavored DIY 24mg wta was labeled 60/40. Way too much PG for me.

This new bottle that I bought in December is labeled as 100% VG Based. My "wonky taste buds" as PlanoMan put it, detects an acrid taste, but as I stated, not implied, it could be due to the type of tobacco or process involved. So, it must be the tobacco, right?

I buy and make 100% VG (as in no PG or other solvents used) and don't get the sharp bite like I do with the latest unflavored DIY and other's that I've tried.
    I do keep trying because I'm desperate to have the effects of truly unflavored WTA's 100% VG liquid that I was fortunate to buy last summer from another supplier. I keep trying because I don't want to have to dilute the wta effects.

In your statement 2 or 3 paragraphs above, you posted "100% VG Based, No PG" (with quotes) so I thought you actually meant yours had that exact wording on the label.

Send me a pm and we will send you a small sample of our new batch for you to try out. All I ask is that you provide me and others with a honest review on our product.
    ~Sue~Feb2012 likes this.

First Supplier to Manufacture WTA (Whole tobacco Alkaloid)
    10% coupon code on
    www.aromaejuice.com is "ECF".

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by radiokaos View Post
    Send me a pm and we will send you a small sample of our new batch for you to try out. All I ask is that you provide me and others with a honest review on our product.
    Sounds like a very good thing to do! Thanks!

Edit: Done. I will post an honest review.
    Last edited by ~Sue~Feb2012; 02-04-2014 at 12:13 AM. Reason: to add a sentence
    Mr.Mann likes this.

Vaping since Feb. 2012, avoiding approx. 30-35 cigs a day. Everything I tried prior to finding e-cigs failed! Write to your Senators and Representatives, the CDC and the FDA. Tell your e-cig story to them and to CASAA too and let our voices be heard!

pif moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

s4a,

In regard to what was printed on the label of those earlier batches, it was stated somewhere in this sub-forum that they were labeling errors. As you can see (although the paper label got soaked while I was moving), mine says 85% PG, and let me tell you, it was pretty apparent that it was 100% VG when dripped (there's no way in hell that was 85% PG. LOL). I can only guess what you were tasting, but I am certain it wasn't PG. Honestly though, aside from a harshness I got when vaping the Unflavored before from AeJ, I had always maintained that I really liked the taste.

As you can see from the new batch, the label does in fact read "100% VG Based, No PG." The viscosity is exactly the same as the other AE0913-15 and another Unflavored I had from AeJ.

photo (32).jpg

I couldn't get the lighting and focus right, so you may need to click on the pic to enlarge it.
    ~Sue~Feb2012 and PLANofMAN like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mann View Post
    s4a,

In regard to what was printed on the label of those earlier batches, it was stated somewhere in this sub-forum that they were labeling errors. As you can see (although the paper label got soaked while I was moving), mine says 85% PG, and let me tell you, it was pretty apparent that it was 100% VG when dripped (there's no way in hell that was 85% PG. LOL). I can only guess what you were tasting, but I am certain it wasn't PG. Honestly though, aside from a harshness I got when vaping the Unflavored before from AeJ, I had always maintained that I really liked the taste.

As you can see from the new batch, the label does in fact read "100% VG Based, No PG." The viscosity is exactly the same as the other AE0913-15 and another Unflavored I had from AeJ.

photo (32).jpg

I couldn't get the lighting and focus right, so you may need to click on the pic to enlarge it.
    Hi
    Thanks Mr.Mann, yes the enlarged pic does show up better. None of my bottle's look like yours as far as the VG/PG ratios.

I'm glad you liked the taste of all your AeJ e-liquids. Hey, I've posted several 5 star reviews on their website and on this forum in the past couple years because like I said, the flavored RedTail WTA e-liquids are good flavors even when diluted with a lot of VG. (Although in my reviews I did not mention that I was diluting because it didn't matter regarding the general tone of my enthusiastic statements.)

You can only "guess" at what I was tasting, "but certain it wasn't PG" ??? Lol, Allrighty then. Case closed. There's no PG. There's only 100%VG in AeJ's unflavored and you like the taste despite the harshness. I had to hear it from the mann <<implied lightheartedness, no offense meant

I'll be anxious to taste the new improved VS line. God I hope I, too, like the taste despite the harshness!

Nicotiana Alchemia Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Personally, I've come to quite dislike PG in eliquids, especially in an unflavored 24 mg WTA as it messes with the smoothness and warmth.

I'm not allergic to PG at all, it's just got crap vapor production, and the throat hit is more rough than smooth to me.
    ~Sue~Feb2012 and PLANofMAN like this.

pif moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Hi
    Thanks Mr.Mann, yes the enlarged pic does show up better. None of my bottle's look like yours as far as the VG/PG ratios.

I'm glad you liked the taste of all your AeJ e-liquids. Hey, I've posted several 5 star reviews on their website and on this forum in the past couple years because like I said, the flavored RedTail WTA e-liquids are good flavors even when diluted with a lot of VG. (Although in my reviews I did not mention that I was diluting because it didn't matter regarding the general tone of my enthusiastic statements.)

You can only "guess" at what I was tasting, "but certain it wasn't PG" ??? Lol, Allrighty then. Case closed. There's no PG. There's only 100%VG in AeJ's unflavored and you like the taste despite the harshness. I had to hear it from the mann <<implied lightheartedness, no offense meant

I'll be anxious to taste the new improved VS line. God I hope I, too, like the taste despite the harshness!

Check back tomorrow and I'll post what I think, but according to the most knowledgeable person about WTA, DVap, the VS is as pleasant as the best of what he makes, i.e, no harshness (his reviews of the new VS are up in this sub-forum). I can say for sure that if it is just like the best of what DVap makes---it appears it will be based on the color and the aroma---then this will not only taste great, but it will be great all around.

I would vape it now just to get on with it already, but I've vaped too much today to try and assess something like this (it's not like it's just some random flavor after all. ).
    Last edited by Mr.Mann; 02-04-2014 at 02:10 AM. Reason: typo
    ~Sue~Feb2012 likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DVap View Post
    Personally, I've come to quite dislike PG in eliquids, especially in an unflavored 24 mg WTA as it messes with the smoothness and warmth.

I'm not allergic to PG at all, it's just got crap vapor production, and the throat hit is more rough than smooth to me.
    Hi DVap

Here's what happens to me when I vape e-liquids containing more than 1% up to maybe 3% PG (or other solvents that are not VG) ... sore throat and tongue, coughing, itching, burning watery eyes, immediate stuffy nose, sneezing, general queasiness, headaches. Some flavors, perhaps, do it to me as well, but then, I hear, there are flavors that are PG-based.

On the other hand, some headaches and nausea can also be attributed to over nic, which I have done on separate occasions as well, even with 100% VG. In fact, I've had a harsh "bite" sensation from different nic suppliers and have been wondering, if the "harshness" or "bite" that I'm finding is that "peppery" taste that comes from nicotine itself, i.e. certain tobacco leaves?
    Last edited by ~Sue~Feb2012; 02-04-2014 at 02:18 AM. Reason: spell check lol

Signature Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Look at the ingredient list. Should say "contains..." If there is added PG or flavoring, that will be mentioned. If it has flavoring, chances are it's PG based, (you already know that, though).
    Sorry about that. The VS DIY Unflavored has that exact wording on the label. My other post, above, was directed at the Red Tail Vapor (VG based) juices in general.

Good to see you in here again, Jerry.
    ~Sue~Feb2012 likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Sorry about that. The VS DIY Unflavored has that exact wording on the label. My other post, above, was directed at the Red Tail Vapor (VG based) juices in general.

Good to see you in here again, Jerry.
    Thanks for the clarification. I think I get it now. Many bottles, regardless of WTA infused e-liquids or the DIY unflavored VG line, have different labeling and it can happen at any time.

As to the much earlier reference about PG-sensitive people. We have not been very vocal. Some of us are starting to talk about it - and more often. So much so, apparently, that some suppliers of e-liquids do list their PG/VG offerings more often now too
    PLANofMAN likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast