This is a 911 call for Radiokaos!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: This is a 911 call for Radiokaos!!!!!

PV Master* Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default This is a 911 call for Radiokaos!!!!!

Jerry; I've been receiving conflicting information about the shelf life of juice. I trust you more than anyone on this subject.
    I don't want a private conversation but one that all members can see, join in and learn.
    Almost all of the WTA I buy from Aroma has a expectation date. All and every single bottle shows a 2 year shelf life. I've had people telling me that NET's "Might be ok up to a year if stored in a refrigerator." I've only got one other vendor I use for juice. Personal preference. So wean you let ECF know what the shelf life is?
    Some of my NET's are over a year old and taste fantastic. I just don't understand.
    Started vaping on 09/05/2012
    If I stumble and fall, I will get back up. I will never ever give up!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by tnt56 View Post
    Jerry; I've been receiving conflicting information about the shelf life of juice. I trust you more than anyone on this subject.
    I don't want a private conversation but one that all members can see, join in and learn.
    Almost all of the WTA I buy from Aroma has a expectation date. All and every single bottle shows a 2 year shelf life. I've had people telling me that NET's "Might be ok up to a year if stored in a refrigerator." I've only got one other vendor I use for juice. Personal preference. So wean you let ECF know what the shelf life is?
    Some of my NET's are over a year old and taste fantastic. I just don't understand.
    Nicotine degrades with heat and light. Most vendors say juice has a 1 year shelf life if stored in a cool dark place. Some say 2 years if stored properly. I've got juice that's a year old and its great
    tnt56 likes this.

If your going to post drama then give me time to make popcorn first

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I've had liquids around for way more than a year and they're fine.
    tnt56 likes this.

Sanity is overrated. I'd rather be happy.

Nicotiana Alchemia Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

And when Jerry doesn't know, he asks me.

Shelf life for eliquid, I believe, is a purely notional thing.

There is no reason that a sealed bottle of USP PG or VG should ever go bad or change in any perceptible manner. Yet, you'll typically see expiration dates on these items. When you add a component such as nicotine or tobacco alkaloids, you now have something in the mix that's subject to oxidation.

I have a vial of pure WTA that I made around 4 months ago. It started at 5 mL of pure WTA and it was a nice deep copper color and it hasn't changed a bit color-wise. I use it to make around 10 mL at a time of 24 mg WTA in VG. I just add 0.25 mL pure WTA to 10 mL of VG, shake it up, and I'm ready to go. The resulting 24 mg WTA is also the same nice light color as it was 4 months ago.

As far as how long you can effectively keep an eliquid is a topic I've blogged on in the past. The truth of the matter is that the topic is really being over-thought. There is nothing that a year or two of storage will do to an eliquid that vaporizing at high temperature on an atty won't do many times over.

In other words, for all the care that we can give to preserving our eliquids, the final step in using them is vaporizing them on a hot coil in the presence of oxygen and inhaling the result. The alkaloids in the eliquid undergo more oxidation during the process of vaping them than probably any amount of storage time could do.

Have you ever over-dripped an atty and vaped awhile and found that a bit of liquid has leaked out the bottom of the atty and collected around the base of the atty? Mop it up with a tissue and check the color, it's pretty dark. That's what the atty is doing to the alkaloids in the liquid.

Two years is a good amount of time to assign for expiration since it's better practice to assign something than nothing for expiration. Would I vape a two or three year old WTA I made? Probably, but it never lasts nearly that long.

Signature Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

The real problem here is some people having a two year supply of WTA e-juice.
    Charlie C, tnt56 and hittman like this.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I don't see a problem with a 2 year supply. When I got extra money. I buy and stock up.
    As for the storage. All juice not in rotation is placed in a dark tupper ware container. Burped then goes under the bed. No light no heat.
    hittman and snork like this.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

...a dark tupperware container. Burped then goes under the bed. No light no heat.
    made me think of this (from the beginning of Aladdin).
    tnt56, homeprogreen and hittman like this.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I just want to know how you got my picture. I had the shades closed when I did that.
    PLANofMAN and Charlie C like this.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I just want to know how you got my picture. I had the shades closed when I did that.
    [In Mr. Smith voice] The Provarinati have had you under surveillance for quite some time...Mr. tnt56. Your activities have not gone unnoticed.

I mean, seriously, fuzzy handcuffs? Did you think you would keep those a secret forever?
    tnt56 and hittman like this.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

No secret. They hang from the rear view mirror.
    PLANofMAN and hittman like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast