Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: Tried a WTA Competitor.......

Signature Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DVap View Post
    All 24 mg unflavored WTA going forward is the new VS version. The main differences between the VS and the last generation of 24 mg unflavored WTA is that 1) the VS is a much lighter WTA, and 2) the VS is a far smoother WTA.
    Just so people don't misunderstand, when Dvap says "lighter WTA," he is referring to the flavor, not the potency. At least I hope he is. (Edit: okay, he was talking about color. Oops.)

From what I've experienced, the Unflavored DIY WTA really is flavorless now. I enjoyed the subtle flavor of the old stuff, but it did not mix well with some juices. The new stuff however, mixes with anything.

The WTA "effect" is much stronger now as well. The old stuff I could vape straight with no other effect than a general sense of wellbeing. The new stuff induced what is referred to in some circles as "couch lock." I was somewhat unproductive that day. Lesson learned, I mixed the remainder of the DIY with Beatle Juice.

Edit: I really have not been tempted to buy any of the 2 competitor's products.

I haven't read any comments from Dvap regarding the Milk vendor, but the appearance of the product was enough to dissuade me from even trying it for comparison. The liquid looks more like a NET than what I've come to associate with WTA.

I've heard enough comments about the taste of the product from people about the other vendor to also not want to give that one a try either. My understanding is that the chemical taste is in every bottle...but some people can't taste it for one reason or another.

While Jerry might regret not holding a monopoly on commercial WTA anymore, he certainly can be proud of the fact that his WTA is still the best WTA available in the world! (in my opinion).
    Last edited by PLANofMAN; 02-01-2014 at 01:31 AM.

PIF Forum Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PLANofMAN View Post
    Just so people don't misunderstand, when Dvap says "lighter WTA," he is referring to the flavor, not the potency. At least I hope he is.

From what I've experienced, the Unflavored DIY WTA really is flavorless now. I enjoyed the subtle flavor of the old stuff, but it did not mix well with some juices. The new stuff however, mixes with anything.

The WTA "effect" is much stronger now as well. The old stuff I could vape straight with no other effect than a general sense of wellbeing. The new stuff induced what is referred to in some circles as "couch lock." I was somewhat unproductive that day. Lesson learned, I mixed the remainder of the DIY with Beatle Juice.

Edit: I really have not been tempted to buy any of the 2 competitor's products.

I haven't read any comments from Dvap regarding the Milk vendor, but the appearance of the product was enough to dissuade me from even trying it for comparison. The liquid looks more like a NET than what I've come to associate with WTA.

I've heard enough comments about the taste of the product from people about the other vendor to also not want to give that one a try either. My understanding is that the chemical taste is in every bottle...but some people can't taste it for one reason or another.

While Jerry might regret not holding a monopoly on commercial WTA anymore, he certainly can be proud of the fact that his WTA is still the best WTA available in the world! (in my opinion).
    "Couch lock"? Too funny! Yeah, if you aren't careful--and especially depending on the time of day--it can catch you off guard like that. I can say that the effects shouldn't be quite like that with increased consumption, much to my dismay, but if you treat it like a treat, it very well may stay like that. What a predicament!

As far as other WTA and some not being able taste the solvent, I can say that I have experienced the same as OTD, but also experienced differently in the early(er) days. As I've said before about the other WTA, "the adhesive smell" was on the peripheries before and didn't come through for me in my vape, but I have come to learn (through being "gifted" some) that some of what has gone out the door is now beyond a trace smell (it was a non-starter for me). However, if that was fixed, and it is fixable (as I had more than a few bottles from them that wasn't like that), it would be plenty fine for me (though I have to wonder how it can be allowed to go out of the shop like that).

I remember seeing hitt and another poster talk about this in that "Why is WTA such a controversial topic" thread and remember posting about it being blown out of proportion. Yeah, it wasn't. This is not simply a matter of taste. It is an issue. However, there's nothing wrong with having an issue as long as the vendor recognizes it and works to develop a better product (all vendors should do it; many need to). There's also nothing wrong with having degrees of how good one WTA is vs. another (*not all DVap's WTA was great, though most of it was/is! ), but you got to be able to vape it to see. With how it is now, I couldn't (wouldn't) vape the other vendor's WTA because the aggressiveness of that left-over solvent is, for me, repelling. Fix it and I'll vape it.

*When I speak about "DVap's WTA," I need to convey the differences between the various bottles I have were only caused by the tobacco used (or the mg) not the process (two batches were from different processes using the same tobacco blend, but produced identical results; and two batches using different tobacco blends, extracted by same process, produced different results). The differences were only based on what the specific tobacco could give up. All of 'em tasted great though.
    Last edited by Mr.Mann; 02-02-2014 at 02:27 AM.
    Robin!

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default Tried a WTA Competitor.......

I try to be honest when trying other wta. I am aware that since I have been a supporter of aroma that my statements may look biased. I immediately picked up on the off taste of the other vendors wta and still have an almost full bottle that I should throw away because I'm pretty sure I won't use it. Perhaps I am spoiled from having dvaps from the beginning and that is what I measure others against. I have an image burned in my head of what it should feel/taste like and when it doesn't then I take it as there is something wrong.
    Mr.Mann, Cnew and tnt56 like this.

Sanity is overrated. I'd rather be happy.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hittman View Post
    I try to be honest when trying other wta. I am aware that since I have been a supporter of aroma that my statements may look biased. I immediately picked up on the off taste of the other vendors wta and still have an almost full bottle that I should throw away because I'm pretty sure I won't use it. Perhaps I am spoiled from having dvaps from the beginning and that is what I measure others against. I have an image burned in my head of what it should feel/taste like and when it doesn't then I take it as there is something wrong.
    As far as you being "biased," well, I've read a whole lot of your writing (from ECF and other places) and you've always been one of the most fair posters I've come across.
    Last edited by Mr.Mann; 01-31-2014 at 12:45 PM. Reason: point made in my prior post
    hittman, Cnew, tnt56 and 1 others like this.
    Robin!

Nicotiana Alchemia Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PLANofMAN View Post
    Just so people don't misunderstand, when Dvap says "lighter WTA," he is referring to the flavor, not the potency. At least I hope he is.
    The color.
    snork, Mr.Mann, Cnew and 1 others like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks for that Mr.Mann. I do try to be impartial although I do get riled up every once in a while.
    Cnew and tnt56 like this.

Sanity is overrated. I'd rather be happy.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hittman View Post
    Thanks for that Mr.Mann. I do try to be impartial although I do get riled up every once in a while.
    I saw that one post!
    hittman and Cnew like this.
    Robin!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Wow, Hitt got riled? That must have been an event (-;

OBTW!
    I honestly didn't intend to incite taste riots when I posted last night. So let's make sure this doesn't devolve into such.
    I was simply so put off with the taste I couldn't help but share.

With that said, I really want to believe that I experienced a batch that didn't represent the norm. The vendor was informed.
    hittman, Mr.Mann, Cnew and 1 others like this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . Home of The First and Best WTA . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . It's Not Just About Unflavored Anymore!. . . . . . . . . . .

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I know what I know. I try others out of curiosity and it always affirms that I know what I know.

I support the modmakers, not the counterfeiters.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I'm gonna go ostrich on this.
    Not even gonna recognize there may be others that exist to be tried!
    hittman, snork, Cnew and 2 others like this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . Home of The First and Best WTA . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . It's Not Just About Unflavored Anymore!. . . . . . . . . . .

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast