Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Review - 3 Batches of Aromo VS WTA

Nicotiana Alchemia Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hittman View Post
    So you won't need that private stash anymore? I can dispose of it for you.
    Actually, I don't need to make WTA anymore for any reason other than for testing and development.

In the past, I've had access to as much Aroma WTA as I wanted, but I'd always make my own anyway because it was simply better stuff. Now, why should I do the work to achieve the quality I desire when I can let Aroma do the work for me?
    hittman and snork like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Not to mention that Jerry and crew have done a fantastic job of increasing production so that it's available most of the time now. I've been working on my first bottle of VS now for two or three weeks now and simply love it so much that I don't really want to use up a prior bottle of unflavored before ordering more of the VS.
    Robinowitz likes this.

Sanity is overrated. I'd rather be happy.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hittman View Post
    Not to mention that Jerry and crew have done a fantastic job of increasing production so that it's available most of the time now. I've been working on my first bottle of VS now for two or three weeks now and simply love it so much that I don't really want to use up a prior bottle of unflavored before ordering more of the VS.
    This sentiment nails the VS WTA.
    hittman likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DVap View Post
    Thanks. It might come off to some as very self-serving for me to review a material whose creation I'm responsible for. Anybody who knows me or has followed my posts here should know that I value my credibility very much. The more a person posts claims or opinions that are either untrue or unsupportable, the more that person creates an environment in which folks who are paying attention will come to discount that person's veracity. That being so, I prefer to live by the motto, "If you don't know what you're talking about, shut the hell up". Or, at the very least, preface your opinion or claim with the caveat that you you're less than certain about what you're saying.

While I'm responsible for the procedures and practices used at Aroma, Jerry is the person doing the work, and it's his ability to successfully implement these procedures and practices that I'm looking at. My creation of WTA puts me in the unique position of being able to state what WTA should and shouldn't embody. It's this unique position that also allows me to evaluate WTA with a fine-toothed comb. For the longest time, Jerry only had it "kinda right", and my nature is such that I wasn't going to allow Jerry to rest on "kinda right". Even more so, my nature is such that I'm not going to allow myself to tell everyone that Jerry has it right when he only has it kinda right. While I've never quantitated Jerry's past work with WTA, I'd say he was generally capable of producing 3 to 4 star WTA. I should probably define the way I look at ratings:

1 star: Awful (no redeeming qualities, you hate it.)
    2 star: Mediocre (You really have to work hard to convince yourself the stuff vapable.)
    3 star: Good (Not unpleasant stuff, but rough edges are apparent.)
    4 star: Excellent (Really nice stuff, but could be even better.)
    5 star: Great (No room for improvement.)

Yes, I've always spoken well of Aroma's WTA, but I've never claimed there wasn't room for improvement. I've been pretty insistent that the demands of making WTA on a commercial scale created a chasm between what can be accomplished on a commercial scale versus what can be accomplished on a small hand-crafted scale. Helping Jerry to bridge this chasm has been a publicly stated goal of mine for the past 6 months.

That I consider the custom WTA that I produce to rank 5 stars might be viewed by some as hubris, but I look at it differently. I've been working with WTA long enough (over 4 years) that I've made stuff that's great and I've made stuff that's not so great. There are two and only two characteristics that should be apparent in WTA. There must be the smooth woody-honey throat/nose sensation and the stuff must provide a pleasant calming effect, not a buzz. I'd better say here that there is certainly room for flavorings or other modification, but the purified WTA in and of itself must possess these two defining qualities and nothing else.

So, inasmuch as I'm the father of WTA eliquid (I prefer "creator") and have well-defined opinions on the characteristics that WTA eliquid should and should not present, I do believe that with the introduction of Aroma's VS unflavored 24 mg WTA at the beginning of this year, Aroma has bridged the chasm between commercial scale WTA and my small custom scale custom WTA. As such, unless and until something better comes along to upset the rating scale, the scale is calibrated such that there is essentially no room for improvement in Aroma's unflavored 24 mg WTA.

At worst, Aroma's WTA is a hair's width short of perfect and at best Aroma's WTA is perfect.
    I'm quoting this entire thing just for the hell of it.
    Go Broncos!
    Cucco likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snork View Post
    I'm quoting this entire thing just for the hell of it.
    Go Broncos!
    My wife knows Peyton Manning quite well from his years at Tennessee while she worked in the athletic department. She's still got a couple photos with him. If forced to list her favorite NFL'ers she's known through the years, it would be Peyton Manning, Jason Witten, Peerless Price, and Eric Berry. She could also reel off a list of little punks, but she's forbidden me to say anything here.
    hittman, snork and Cnew like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

ísoɔuoɹq oƃ
    Robinowitz likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Thank you DVap!
    hittman likes this.

Super T WorkHorse 18350 & Precise Simplicity 13500. Reo Woodvil 18490 & Mini 2.1. Mini Provari(s) 2.5.
    Smoke-free since 4-27-13

Signature Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I always miss the good threads when I'm watching the Seahawks win the Super Bowl.

Sorry about your team, Snork.

Edit: A ProVari, huh? I always knew you were a classy guy, Dvap.
    Last edited by PLANofMAN; 02-03-2014 at 05:16 AM.
    hittman likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PLANofMAN View Post
    I always miss the good threads when I'm watching the Seahawks win the Super Bowl.

Sorry about your team, Snork.

Edit: A ProVari, huh? I always knew you were a classy guy, Dvap.
    That Super Bowl was both an aberration and an abomination... from the moment Broadway Joe eff'ed up the coin toss.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I couldn't believe my eyes on the first play. Bad snap?

Sanity is overrated. I'd rather be happy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast