Best charger to buy?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tmcase

Thread: Best charger to buy?

Senior Member Verified Member Bombies's Avatar

Default Best charger to buy?

I want to ask the veterans what is the best charger I should buy to charge my batteries. I own a VAMO V3 and I have 18650's and 18350's. It came with a nitecore charger but it isnt working correctly. So far I have heard that the PILA IBC is the best charger and the XTAR VP1 is a good charger. I like the VP1 because it has a digital display that will show how much of that battery is charged. I'm pretty sure the PILA just has red and green lights, but im not positive. If you were me which would you get and why?

Also if there is a better charger please let me know!

ECF Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I haven't tried a better charger than the Nitecore I4 V2. It has worked great for me and is way cheaper than the others you mentioned. If your's isn't working properly I would contact the vendor and see if they will replace it.
    Kent C likes this.

Life is short, bend the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never forget anything that made you smile.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Those three are the top rated chargers. Pila is, however, the most expensive one. Xtar is also very good, but if you're charging smaller batteries, like I do, you have to deal with spacers, which is a pain.

I got my Nitecore I2 from Fasttech (free shipping) and it works great. I agree with tmcase--contact your vendor. They should replace it.