Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Stosh

Thread: temperature vs taste

Default temperature vs taste

Hi again guys. My fav juice is MLV's Wurthers. But I find on my two variable wattage devices (Innokin iTaste 134 and Surefire 2) that the taste is weaker on higher temps. Is that normal? Thanks.

2. Advertisement
    Blog Entries

This can be normal, different flavors have different "sweet spots" for the amount of heat, and your personal preference comes into play also.

Besides flavors, the style of topper you use can affect the flavor, and the type of wicks used, and also the air flow available. Best way to go is adjust for the best flavor to suit yourself. It's the advantage of vaping, you can personalize it to suit exactly what you like best.
    TomCatt and Xaiver like this.
    I'm puffin' on a pipe bomb and carrying a detonator in my pocket,
    so just what was it you wanted to hassle me about ??

4. Advertisement
    Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

And keep in mind too that different devices take different amounts of time to 'warm-up'. I have a ProVari and a Kicked Silver Bullet. The ProVari is almost instant from when I hit the button, to when the coil starts heating. The kick takes probably a tenth of a second. It's not much, but you definitely notice it.

Setup: ProVari V2.5, GG Penelope. Kicked Silver Bullet.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I find that many of the more "delicate" flavors do taste better at lower settings and a cooler vapor.

More heat is not the best option for all flavors and in some cases will annhilate the more subtle aspects of the flavor.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Agree with the above.... some strong flavors need heat, some lighter flavors are obscured by it. Some just taste differently at different temps - sometimes both good! RY4 comes to mind. I've had some eliquids that have a tobacco and another lighter flavor - apple, honey, vanilla. If I want to taste more tobacco, I pump up the wattage. If I want the lighter flavor I turn it down and the tobacco goes to the background. Many of the ahlusion non-aromics, the wild-wood series, work well this way for me.