cotton balls
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By tmcase
  • 3 Post By LucentShadow

Thread: cotton balls

Default cotton balls

OK I got organic cotton balls, boiled them and made a working coil from 32. But I am vaping a cotton taste. Is this normal? Thanks guys you rock.

ECF Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The cotton or what I call earthy tastes will go away after it gets broken in. The length of time can vary with your vaping style but usually should be gone by the time you've vaped 1ml of juice.
    DavidOck, TomCatt and LucentShadow like this.

Life is short, bend the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never forget anything that made you smile.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

probably you didnt wait enough time for the cotton to soak enough juice and you are burning some little particles.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You might try putting a couple drops of juice on the wick before fully reassembling. That can help with the initial "break in" of the new wick. And a couple non-firing draws at the start can also help...

Super Member ECF Veteran LucentShadow's Avatar

Another tip: I remember finding that if I made the wick too dense, I got a fair amount of cotton taste. There is a common saying of 'less is more' that applies to cotton wicks. There is a 'sweet spot' of wick density that wicks the best, and it does not require much cotton, at all. Making it too dense adds more cotton, therefore more cotton taste, and degrades wicking performance, which can lead to overheating the cotton, thereby giving even more cotton taste.

So, try using just enough that, when loosely twisted, it very easily slides through the coil. For me, that amounts to a tiny pinch of cotton.
    DavidOck, Cman1337 and Sryan9 like this.