Thread: 510 thread size

Super Member ECF Veteran bssage's Avatar

Default 510 thread size

I am using 510 and have a bunch of the e2 carto's that have crappy threads. I am using a Buzz.

Anyway having trouble figuring the thread size and pitch to retap these. Anyone know what size bolt tap or just bolt I can use??

Thanks in advance
    bssage
    one DSE 901, Saber touch, Buzzzzzzzz VV, COV Tekk AV, Big Brother VV, Turbo VV, Gripper VV, Janty Mid 1 (VW/VV)Icebox VV Genesis Line V2, Genesis Atom bomb, Viva Nova"/ˈklaɪtɒrɪs/ = Nature's Rubic's Cube"

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

510 Tap & Die 7mm x .5

Thanks alot J
    one DSE 901, Saber touch, Buzzzzzzzz VV, COV Tekk AV, Big Brother VV, Turbo VV, Gripper VV, Janty Mid 1 (VW/VV)Icebox VV Genesis Line V2, Genesis Atom bomb, Viva Nova"/ˈklaɪtɒrɪs/ = Nature's Rubic's Cube"

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Whistle_Pig's Avatar

But where to find them? I don't actually want a tap or die, just any bolt or screw to fit. Went to the local hardware store that has almost everything, and they don't have anything. Went online and checked a dozen or so sites -- bupkis. There's a metric specialty store we use where I work, because all our machinery is metric, and I'm going to try there when I remember to do it.

Sometimes, an e-cig is just an e-cig. -- Sigmund Joyeud | Join the CoVapE Group | Colorado Vapers Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Whistle_Pig View Post
    But where to find them? I don't actually want a tap or die, just any bolt or screw to fit. Went to the local hardware store that has almost everything, and they don't have anything. Went online and checked a dozen or so sites -- bupkis. There's a metric specialty store we use where I work, because all our machinery is metric, and I'm going to try there when I remember to do it.
    Yeah Ace hardware couldnt even order them. What gives? I checked the local hardware and auto supply places.

Send Help Please

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

if you don't want a tap/die set, and can't find the bolt (home depot/lowes?), i'd suggest a metric motorcycle shop, ie yamaha/honda.

I complained to CN. I will post in the E2 thread when I get thier final response but is there a difference in the threads between the 510 SLB, Boge, and joye?? She may respond differently but she is currently these are only made for joye batteries.

I have a bud that owns a kawi store I will check with him thanks again for the tip

Super Member ECF Veteran

This is a link to the die:

Amazon.com: 7mm X .5 High Speed Steel Round Die 1" OD: Victor…

Going to be ordering one myself, and for the same reason.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Whistle_Pig's Avatar

Okay, that's cool. Not too bad on price either. Then I have to find round stock the correct diameter. That might not be so difficult, and in a pinch I can have a friend turn something down a bit.

Sometimes, an e-cig is just an e-cig. -- Sigmund Joyeud | Join the CoVapE Group | Colorado Vapers Forum

to much for me I'm not going to sink another 16 bucks into the 25 I have left. I will just hang on to them maybe my next mod will fit.