Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyway to detect atomizer with short? It killed 3 batteries of mine

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Anyway to detect atomizer with short? It killed 3 batteries of mine

Hi all,

This is the second time i was vaping, everything was fine, then out of the blue, the atomizer wouldn't go off
    when i let my finger off the switch (1000 mah ego bat i was using), and i had to hurry up and unscrew the cone,
    then unscrew the atomizer before it burned itself out....and i'd be out 7 bucks...(1.5 ohm 306) atomizer by the way.

Anyway, i thought the battery was the problem, switch or old age , but when i tried same atomizer on another battery,
    it did the same thing, would work for one click , then it would stay lite, and i had to do above action again.

II couldn't believe 2 batteries would go bad all of a sudden, so i surmised my atomizer was the culprit.
    How does this happen? What is the cause ? I thought i had gotten rid of this miserable little troublemaker
    but to my surprise , the evil atomizer crept back into my atomizer draw and killed a 3rd battery of mine!

Yes i should've thrown it into the sea, but i live 2 blocks from the ocean and didn't think i could chuck
    it that far...lol.

Anyway, how can i prevent this 60 dollar mistake from happening again ? Is there some voltmeter,
    or some atomizer voodoo doll that will tell me the things no good or shorted?...

thanks for any help.....i hate a 7 dollar item destroying 60 bucks worth of bats.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I check mine with a provari, it will tell you if there is a short but since you don't have one I'm guessing you can check it with a multimeter
    The Zen~ Red Rocket, the best 5V mod out there

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Never heard something like that could happen. A multimeter would be a start, check the voltage of the battery, check the ohms of the atomizer. But it won't tell you what happened.

Let's wait for an expert to chime in.

Vamo Shrink + Phoenix XL + Cotton ball + CGR18650CH 2200mAh

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by CaminoDiablo View Post
    I check mine with a provari, it will tell you if there is a short but since you don't have one I'm guessing you can check it with a multimeter
    ahh, thanks for the info.....i'm getting VV buzz next week, it might cut off if it's no good....so here's hoping...or i'll get a multimeter....then what do i look for ??? less volts more what? thanks!

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Zurd View Post
    Never heard something like that could happen. A multimeter would be a start, check the voltage of the battery, check the ohms of the atomizer. But it won't tell you what happened.

Let's wait for an expert to chime in.

sorry for delay in reply's i had 2 of my pc's go down this week.....not a good week for computers in my crib ...lol.
    yes, lets hope an expert chimes in.........thanks!

I feel your pain. These past two weeks haven't been good to me either. I just lost all of my ego batteries due to a faulty power strip. Very frustrating. Had to buy a whole new kit

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

tybin likes this.
    FREE eJuice Calculator mix Nic strengths and flavor recipes. Recipes included. Mod Building

ECF Veteran

I don't see how an atomizer could do that. It can't power itself. If it was shorted, the battery protection circuits would kick in and shut it down. Are you sure it's always the same atomizer? I think you have switches that stick occasionally.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I've accidentally shorted an eGo battery (a couple of times) with the test leads of a Volt meter trying to measure battery output and it drains the batteries down to zero. Once recharged the battery should be fine.
    FREE eJuice Calculator mix Nic strengths and flavor recipes. Recipes included. Mod Building

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Switched's Avatar

Sounds like a dead shorted atty. A multimeter is the tool to verify this data, not an expensive mod like the provari etc... tsk, tsk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast