Help! HH.357 is 'spitty'

Thread: Help! HH.357 is 'spitty'

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Help! HH.357 is 'spitty'

Hey all,

I just recently purchased 2 of the HH.357s from Avidvaper. One is the hybrid 901/306 and the other is the 510/306. They vape well and yet, initially, I am a bit disappointed. I also got my first Cisco Spec 306 in the same order and that is producing more vapor. I expected the hybrid HH357s to perform better than a standard 306 I paid $8 for compared to the $21 I paid for the Hybrids.

The worse thing though is the spittiness! I can't take a solitary draw without getting juice spitting into my mouth! Now I wish I purchased the long barrel atty. Though, surely, even the standard barrels shouldn't be spitting like this? I am finding myself taking slower draws to avoid the spitting effect which is unfortunate because this atty is designed to perform optimally with a bigger quicker draw to activate the vacuum effect.

Though, I think I am doing something wrong and there is nothing wrong with the atomizer. Both atomizers did the same thing. I am not sure what it is. I followed all of Hannah's instructions. I started with the 5-6 drops, cold draw, listened for the gurgle and then added a couple of extra drops. I followed the instructions to the letter.

I know these atty's come with a learning curve but I am not sure what I am supposed to be doing except to put in just enough drops and top up when i notice the atomizer is starting to dry out.

Is it just getting the 'right feel' about this atomizer or is there some other major oversight I am making?

Regards

Anthony
    Ego-V V2, Provari, Evic and a basic mechanical mod owner. Vaping clouds with the Aspire Nautilus, HH357, Igo-L, Phoenix, Octopus, AGA-T2, RSST, Evods, Aero Protank 3, Vapeonly BCC and Vision Eternity.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Switched's Avatar

They like to spit and yes reduce the amount of drops per refill.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Mine did the same thing for the first day or two until broken in.To avoid juice in the mouth and still draw hard like the atty wants I used the cap that comes on standard 510 attys when you get them instead of a drip tip until they were broke in and no longer spitting.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

That sounds like a nifty idea Jkoppk. I like it! I've got many blank cartridges I don't think I will ever use. What a blast from the past and how odd to be using old 510 black cartridges on my new shiny $22 atomizer!

Mine is leaky as well. From all that Hanna has said, they shouldn't leak. This is meant to be one of the real benefits of this atomizer, yet mine leaks like an 801. Surely breaking it in won't stop leakage? Am I overfilling it? Should the coil cup be wet? Usually, when I see the cup the coil sits in dry, I will put more drops in until it is moist again. Is this correct?

Anthony
    Ego-V V2, Provari, Evic and a basic mechanical mod owner. Vaping clouds with the Aspire Nautilus, HH357, Igo-L, Phoenix, Octopus, AGA-T2, RSST, Evods, Aero Protank 3, Vapeonly BCC and Vision Eternity.

Super Member ECF Veteran Dimitris's Avatar

Here is a video Hanna released that might help HH.357 Short Barrel Spit Fix - YouTube

REO Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

mine usually only spits when its flooded. i dont believe the cup should be full of juice

VVW Reo "Blaze", VVG Reo "Bling", Sexy 18490 Woodvil "Ebony", a Reo Mini,
    & a Reo Mini 2.0 all w/RM2's and Trippy Tips = Vaping Bliss

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I myself bought a hh 357 and thought I had a dud, juice spitting,small clouds of vapor. Give it about 2 day's to brake in. Put 2 drops in, and with no power, draw on it till the gurgle sound goes away then hit that bad boy!! It works great for me!!

Moved On

Yeah give it time. It needs to break
    In and u need to learn how to use it. It's very different from a normal 510 or 306 in the way u drip and hit them. It's hard to explain. I always drip 3 drops. And I know it's ready to dry hit when I no longer hear a slight gurgle.

Moved On

Oh and is should say they are going on about 6 months with a hot water cleaning every couple of weeks

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Anthony, this should help. Fast forward the video to 1:30 to get the info you need.

Drip Shield Atomizer Spitting Solution! - YouTube

RiP