Fatty V3 (Chris Creations) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Fatty V3 (Chris Creations)

Moved On Verified Member

I recently started to get juice run-off through the air vent hole with my vertical coil setup since I sometimes forget to drip around the coil, so I switched back to the horizontal build. I still position the cotton around the vent, but this time I’m running the cotton through the coil instead of around it. Now I can drip directly onto the coil so it’s much easier than before.

I'm wondering if anyone has a setup that works well for them, and if you notice any difference with using more cotton or less, thanks!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

After trying a few different coil setups, this is working the best for me:

28g, single wire, 2mm ID coils. The resistance might seem too high for some of you, I just crank up the power.
    Deck air holes drilled out to 1mm. Small silicone insulator ring added to the inside to stop the inevitable short from happening (cut from half an AGA-T post insulator). I removed the airflow control ring, I always left it fully open anyways.
    HawaiiVPR likes this.

Moved On Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schnarph View Post
    After trying a few different coil setups, this is working the best for me:

28g, single wire, 2mm ID coils. The resistance might seem too high for some of you, I just crank up the power.
    Deck air holes drilled out to 1mm. Small silicone insulator ring added to the inside to stop the inevitable short from happening (cut from half an AGA-T post insulator). I removed the airflow control ring, I always left it fully open anyways.
    Where on the inside do you put the insulation ring on? Thnx!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Apologies if this comes off as thread jacking, I don't want to offend the OP. Also, I'm extremely sorry I'm using a "clone" (or poor excuse for one). This doesn't change the basic nature of the coils I've been using, or how unique this atty is. I couldn't possible make such interesting coils on anything else. My hat's off to Chris Creations, if I could afford the original I would be glad to support the creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiVPR View Post
    Where on the inside do you put the insulation ring on? Thnx!
    I blogged that, check my blogs. or this will do:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/schnarph/5845-fatty-v3-clone-assembly.html

My preferred coil at the moment:
    Last edited by Schnarph; 03-01-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Moved On Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schnarph View Post
    Apologies if this comes off as thread jacking, I don't want to offend the OP. Also, I'm extremely sorry I'm using a "clone" (or poor excuse for one). This doesn't change the basic nature of the coils I've been using, or how unique this atty is. I couldn't possible make such interesting coils on anything else. My hat's off to Chris Creations, if I could afford the original I would be glad to support the creator.

I blogged that, check my blogs. or this will do:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/schnarph/5845-fatty-v3-clone-assembly.html

My preferred coil at the moment:
    Awesome blog, fantastic info. I'm using the clone too, but thankfully, never experienced any shorting (knock on wood!)

I had no idea this was a clone when I purchased it, but yeah, would like to get my hands on the original now too:

$80 IMHO is a pretty good price compared to many other RDA's in a similar price range:

Order Online | Chris Creations

Love the Fatty V3 design more and more as I use it, it's replaced everything I used to really like using

I haven't experimented with any special coils yet, the ones you built there are some very talented works of art! What device are you using to crank up the power? Kick2? DNA?

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I am currently using a Kick 2. I've considered going with lower ohms (~.5-.8), but the way this atty's airflow is designed I don't find it necessary. I'm guessing the voltage drop is kind of high for a RDA with all the SS between the posts and 510 connection, but it still performs quite well. The only thing close to it AFAIK is the Immortalizer, but the coil build space is much smaller. Most of the others in this fashion only have a single ~1.5mm intake hole on the deck, there really isn't much comparison.

Stay prepared for that short, I'd recommend a fuse, Kick, or some sort of protection. Even with the added insulator, the possibility of an internal short is one of the reasons I'm using a Kick 2.

Full Member Verified Member

I get y people are having trouble with building this, but its really not *that* big of a deal for the performance and flavor you are getting out of this. When you're setting this bad boy up, as long as you do not completely loosen the screws all the way where the base will come out it will stay together. The most annoying part about this rba for me is tightening the coil down. Make sure you keep whatever your wrapping it on on the deck when tightening the screws because it will twist/mangle the coil if you don't and you need to tighten it down decently to keep the deck and bottom part together and flush. Flavor is A++, TH is A++ and as a big mouth to lung hit guy, i absolutely love the draw on this bad boy.

I have a V3 too. My first set of builds really sucked, I used cotton and microcoils in every configuration I could think of. I watched a video by a Filipino dude who was using ss mesh wrapped around silica wicking. The ss mesh and coils were about 1 mm off of the deck. I replicated the build at .65 Ohms using 28 Gauge Kanthal and the vape was just incredible. No leaking, no eliquid dribbles. The eliquid in the chamber below the salt shaker holes spurted up and doused the ss mesh and coil, apparently heat thins out the eliquid stored in the channel below the air intake and allows it to be "sprayed" on the ss mesh/coil with each draw. It isn't a weather system generator, but the flavor and clean taste of the ss mesh is really, really good. With that being said, the construction of the atomizer is pretty finicky and fiddly. The fact that loosening the posts to attach your coils also loosens the entire build of the atomizer really, really sucks -Poor construction.
    Last edited by Zamazam; 05-19-2014 at 06:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12