Atty Review: The Venturi - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Atty Review: The Venturi

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by reeftivo View Post
    Hmm? Not only good airflow but it looks like it would be hard to get that thing to leak too. Looks like the air is pulled from the top part of the cap, then down through the outside of the chimney through to the deck. pretty innovative design!!
    Agreed - I haven't had any leakage at all. Which makes it a nice choice for on the go vaping (also considering it holds a full mil of liquid before a re-drip is necessary).
    reeftivo likes this.
    ♥❄♥ .* ♡♥ ❇ ★ ♡♥ ☆ `*. ♥❄♥ *♡ ♥❄♥.*

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by reeftivo View Post
    nice review.

Is the center post copper or gold plated brass?

I would prefer plated brass because copper would take a beating build after build.

Thanks in advance

tivo

Edit: never mind about the center post-LOL I'm color blind and someone with better eyes just said it looks like Brass
    It's 22k gold plated brass.
    reeftivo likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Correction: the current (and future) posts are no longer brass. They are 22k gold plated 316 stainless steel.
    emonty likes this.

Flavor Junky Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Very nice review!!
    Vwls likes this.
    Youtube: emonty999
    Wapari - Sat22 - Venturi - Zero - In'Ax - Wolf50 - Lukkos - Chalice - Origen V2 -SVA

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Update: looks like you can get the caps in brass, titanium and copper now.

Atty Review: The Venturi-venturi-caps.jpg
    emonty likes this.

I just got my authentic Venturi in today. It has a few issues that I have found.

1. The post holes are pretty small, especially the centre post. Even though the centre post has four holes they all go through the same spot, so if the wire is too thick, you won't be able to fit the leg from the second coil through there.

Edit: apparently there is a way to fit thicker wire through the centre post but it can take some wrangling to do it.

2. The post screws are too short (they only reach down about halfway through the post holes) so they won't grab the wire if your kanthal gauge is too narrow. It won't grab a single strand of 28 gauge. If you want to build with 28 gauge or narrower, you will have to wrap the wires around the screws at the top of the post holes (like in a Fogger V4). This one was honestly kind of a head-scratcher for me. They really should have included longer screws.
    Last edited by stanthemanchan; 09-26-2014 at 06:49 PM.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by stanthemanchan View Post
    I just got my authentic Venturi in today. It has a few issues that I have found.

1. The post holes are pretty small, especially the centre post. Even though the centre post has four holes they all go through the same spot, so if the wire is too thick, you won't be able to fit the leg from the second coil through there.

Edit: apparently there is a way to fit thicker wire through the centre post but it can take some wrangling to do it.

2. The post screws are too short (they only reach down about halfway through the post holes) so they won't grab the wire if your kanthal gauge is too narrow. It won't grab a single strand of 28 gauge. If you want to build with 28 gauge or narrower, you will have to wrap the wires around the screws at the top of the post holes (like in a Fogger V4). This one was honestly kind of a head-scratcher for me. They really should have included longer screws.
    Hi Stan - sorry to hear this, but I think it can be easily fixed. Sounds like you got one of the 1.5's which came with shorter screws.

Please send an email to Chris ([email protected]). You'll receive a free v2 parts upgrade which includes longer screws.

Hey.... regarding your difficulty building, it sounds like you might be trying to stuff both lead wires through the same hole, which won't work, so I can understand your frustration. You need to use all four holes when working with thicker wire, twisted coils, parallels, etc. The wires should look like this going through the post:
    )(

Hope this helps - please report back when you've got it all sorted. Also PM me if you'd like a PDF copy of the Venturi User's Manual.
    emonty and stanthemanchan like this.

Thanks Vwls. I posted on the Venturi Facebook and they directed me to the closed group where I was able to download and view the user's manual PDF. They also told me how the thicker wire would fit through the centre post. I'm going to give it a shot tonight with a dual twisted 28 gauge. Apparently a V3 is coming in a few months which will have thicker posts and wider post holes, amongst other upgrades.
    Vwls likes this.

OK I got it sorted. Twisted 28 gauge @ 0.45 ohms

emonty and Vwls like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Gorgeous - where'd you get that drip tip ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast