Thread: What is the difference between 510, 808, etc...?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default What is the difference between 510, 808, etc...?

I've always been curious what the difference is between a 510 kit vs a 808 kit, etc is? I know the threading is different obviously, but there has to be more difference that just that, right? Never really got a handle on that, all I've ever used have been 510 kits/hardware.

ECF Guru (Fusionman) Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You know if the batteries are the same that's pretty much all the difference is, the threading. EXcept when I started using mods and different cartos the 510 had more conection problems so I switched to 808.

To handle yourself, use your head; To handle others, use your heart.

ECF Veteran

510 or 808 kits..just like choosing between betamax or VHS system in video recorders,example..majority users on 510 threading..most vendors sells 510..808 not all the accessories made for ..i stick with the majority users..510 threading..regards mafig ps VHS is a better seller in videos

Once a member of ECF,always a member for life!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It depends on what you're looking for. I'm a 510 guy because it is difficult to find cartos in 808 threading with LR. Most 808 cartos seem to be 2.5 to 3 ohm or higher. And they tend to be horizontal coil design.

With a 510, it is easy to find 1.5 to 2 ohm cartos all day long. However you have to really search to find LR horizontal coils in the 510 thread.

So I use 510 on a big batt mod to get the best of both worlds......... Resurrector (Vertical coil) cartos in 1.7 ohm and have to order Kanger 2.0 cartos (horizontal coil) in the 510 thread.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm the opposite. I like 808 horizontial coil best because I like standard resistance on my VV box. I have a hard time finding standard resistance 510 cartos.
    I do use 510 in a few smoketech tanks because the 808 doesn't come in long size (that I've been able to find)

I like the easier draw of the 808. If you like a little tighter draw, you'll like 510 better.

I do, also have the same 510 connection problems 5cardStud has with 510. I have to try 3 or 4 different adapters for each carto to find one that will connect for me, but then I'm set for the day.

Super Member ECF Veteran Slurp812's Avatar

Yup threads. I had a 901 connection on my SD MKII, but used an adapter to a 510 carto. Iv stuck with 510 stuff, there just seems to be more out there, more choices, etc.

ECF Veteran

OK so it has nothing to do with power or this one has more vaper than the other?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The power would be your battery (or mod) and more vapor depends on your choice of liquid.

Both those being equal, there's just not a lot of difference in the vape quality between 510 and 808.