Best atomizer for a bottom feeder?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Best atomizer for a bottom feeder?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Best atomizer for a bottom feeder?

I've been searching and searching for the best atomizer to use with a bottom feeder. My first bottom feeder is arriving at my house on Saturday. I've heard many things about the cisco 306, hh.357, etc etc, but I want to know your opinion. Should the atomizer be bridgeless? I am going to be using this on a old goat mod (3.7v) so I'll need LR. I like to have a good throat hit, but I would rather have a nice full flavor than a good throat hit.

What should I look into?

Smoke Free Since 01/11/2012

six
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm really fond of Cisco attys from avid vaper. I often used a 1.8 ohm Cisco 510 on my old goat.

The 306 is also a good choice. 306's tend to produce extraordinary amounts of vapor but flavor quality is highly juice dependent. Some juices flavors just don't "come through" with the 306. (I'm sure some will agree with that and some won't - just my opinion).

The hh357 is a spectacular atty. Vapor production and flavor reproduction are both top-notch. A lot of people do like them on their bottom feeders... Not me though. I have an hh357 on my top feeder and I couldn't be happier, but I struggled with it a little on my bottom feeder. Even the slightest bit of over-feeding makes the hh357 'spitty'. I consider myself to be an expert with my feeders and at least twice a day I would over-squonk just a little and end up with juice in my mouth. -- I have not tried a long barrel hh357 and maybe it would be better in that situation.

So, none of that really helps you make a decision, I suppose since all I did was sing the praises of the three items you mentioned. - If it were me, I think I'd go with the Cisco 510 LR atty for the Old Goat (in fact, I did use one on mine for a long time - and I was also really fond of 1.8 ohm boge cartos on it).
    washvap likes this.
    -- -.-- / .-. . --- / --. .-. .- -. -.. / .- -. -.. / .-. -- ..--- / -.-. .-. . .- - . / ... . .-. .. --- ..- ... / -.-. .-.. --- ..- -.. ... / ..-. .-. --- -- / .- ...- . / .--- ..- .. -.-. .

PV GOD ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Also, if you like a tighter draw then IKV is a good choice as well.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Cisco spec LR 306.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Bumpin

I'm curious to hear more responses as well, particularly between the standard and bridgeless Cisco's. I used the bridgeless when I used to drip, but now that I will be using a bottom-feeder I'm wondering if there's any noticeable difference between the two?

Subbing, I got my old goat mod this weekend and so far, can't get it to fire on the cartos I already had
    Last edited by Thajones; 04-30-2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: clarity

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Thajones View Post
    Subbing, I got my old goat mod this weekend and so far, can't get it to fire on the cartos I already had
    Try pulling the posts.

Smoke Free Since 01/11/2012

Full Member ECF Veteran

AVAs are now available with open connectors. They seem to work best with a high VG content. I just got mine yesterday and while I'm not using it on a bottom-feeder (in fact mine doesn't have an open connector) it's a pretty amazing little piece. I doubt it's possible to get flavor as clean as the AVAs without similar technology -- as far as I know the AVA is the only ceramic atomizer. Dry hits aren't intense, horrible experiences which is something I appreciate. After the first day vapor production has picked up and it's performing like I want it to, nice full hits. I believe LRs are around 2 ohms, SR is around 3.3, and I'm not sure about the HR but it's probably around 5 ohms.
    Last edited by adami; 05-06-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: they're all available...

Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by adami View Post
    AVAs are now available with open connectors. They seem to work best with a high VG content. I just got mine yesterday and while I'm not using it on a bottom-feeder (in fact mine doesn't have an open connector) it's a pretty amazing little piece. I doubt it's possible to get flavor as clean as the AVAs without similar technology -- as far as I know the AVA is the only ceramic atomizer. Dry hits aren't intense, horrible experiences which is something I appreciate. After the first day vapor production has picked up and it's performing like I want it to, nice full hits. I believe LRs are around 2 ohms, SR is around 3.3, and I'm not sure about the HR but it's probably around 5 ohms.
    Where are you seeing AVA with open connectors? They are pricy are they worth it. Use cisco 306 3.5 ohm. They are amazing.

ECF Veteran

On a 3.7v device my Cisco spec LR306 1.5ohm runs circles around any other atty's i've tried to date.... Yes, I have the Aero, HH357, Bauway's, Genuine Joye's, and a few others.... My only suggestion would be you add a drip shield to your set up with them though.... This is what works best for me but YMMV.....
    2 Reo Grand's w/ Reactor V2 & Atomic... Everything else is officially retired...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast