Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Australian Tobacco Alternatives Consumer Association

Full Member Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

I have spent the last two days putting together a list of all known Australia e-cig vendors:

Other Australian Vendors | ATACA

As of a few minutes ago every vendor on this list has been sent an invitation to join the ATACA Associated Vendor Program.

If I have left anybody out, please let me know through the usual channels.

ECF Veteran

I've just finished an "ATACA Associated Vendor Application Form" to make the process easier for both vendors and ourselves.

Associated Vendor Application Form | ATACA

ECF Veteran

Just two more sleeps until the first Melbourne VapeFest!

The event will be "liveblogged" onto our Facebook page.

As posted on Facebook earlier today:

Everything is here, packed and ready to go including...

"Try and Win Competition" - $5 entry gets you:
    1. Your own drip tip for sampling
    2. Over 20 different flavours to taste test
    3. Lots of different cartos and battery combinations to try out
    4. Chance to win a Joye 510-T kit, SmokTech 510 style carto starter kit or complete Joye eGo-C starter kit

High end products including JiB OLED, Provari, Liquinator, Jazz and Dragon pipes to see and try.

Random prizes throughout the day including 18650 tube mods, free cartos, disposable mini-kits and Cherry Vape Ming tips.

Discounted eGo PT and 510 carto starter kits, SmokeTech tanks and various carto types to purchase.
    UPDATE: SmokTech eGo XXL Kits and SmokTech Auto Black 510 kits now also available.

Special Guest: Eric from EPM to answer your technical questions and show of his tank systems.

Limited finger food will be provided throughout the day and Kelly's has a fantastic selection of full meals, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.

EDIT: Apart from the bleeding obvious fact that I'll be running the event (with Rohan), if you haven't met me before just look for that hat

ECF Veteran

I've finally had a chance to situp and write a followup to our first public event:

Melbourne VapeFest 2012 | ATACA

ECF Veteran

The member database purge is happening right now.

If you receive an email informing you have been unsubscribed from our General Mailing List this is because your Full Account did not contain all the necessary details and has been deleted.

If you'd like to stay up-to-date without being a Full Member you can resubscribe to just the mailing list:

ATACA General Member List

Hi soundasleep,

Good work on starting a consumer association in Australia to focus on harm minimization. I just wished to comment on the name chosen for the association. It is an ambiguous title and I feel it should make reference to cigarettes, smoking or tobacco-smoking rather than just tobacco. By saying Tobacco Alternatives one could mean either products not containing tobacco (of which nicotine products, both with and without some of the other alkaloids found in tobacco would be included) or it could mean tobacco products in their entirety (which includes cigarettes and smokeless). The real focus of such an association should be to provide alternatives to smoking and other harmful uses of tobacco.

I am a Swedish Snus user and feel one could assume by the title of the organisation that this smokeless tobacco product, which has been shown to be extremely low risk by countless studies, might not fit under such a banner.

I feel it is smoking which needs to be demonized, not necessarily tobacco. The Swedes have shown that tobacco can be prepared in such a way that its daily use by a significant proportion of their population leads to no statistically obvious serious health problems.

How about ACACA or ASACA or AHRCA or AHMCA?
    Last edited by MarVp; 07-14-2012 at 08:02 AM.

I am now a proud member of ATACA. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Moved On ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post
    I've finally had a chance to situp and write a followup to our first public event:

Melbourne VapeFest 2012 | ATACA
    Sounds a cool event. Love the vapefests!

do you know of any vendors in the perth metro area, I could only find a wholesaler not open to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by MarVp View Post
    Hi soundasleep,

Good work on starting a consumer association in Australia to focus on harm minimization. I just wished to comment on the name chosen for the association. It is an ambiguous title and I feel it should make reference to cigarettes, smoking or tobacco-smoking rather than just tobacco. By saying Tobacco Alternatives one could mean either products not containing tobacco (of which nicotine products, both with and without some of the other alkaloids found in tobacco would be included) or it could mean tobacco products in their entirety (which includes cigarettes and smokeless). The real focus of such an association should be to provide alternatives to smoking and other harmful uses of tobacco.

I am a Swedish Snus user and feel one could assume by the title of the organisation that this smokeless tobacco product, which has been shown to be extremely low risk by countless studies, might not fit under such a banner.

I feel it is smoking which needs to be demonized, not necessarily tobacco. The Swedes have shown that tobacco can be prepared in such a way that its daily use by a significant proportion of their population leads to no statistically obvious serious health problems.

How about ACACA or ASACA or AHRCA or AHMCA?
    maybe Nicorette could bring out a pacifier for the snus users

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-04-2012, 08:05 AM