My batteries are getting REAL HOT in my Nemesis Clone. Insulation is comming off. What's happening?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My batteries are getting REAL HOT in my Nemesis Clone. Insulation is comming off. What's happening?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default My batteries are getting REAL HOT in my Nemesis Clone. Insulation is comming off. What's happening?

I've got an Hcigar Nemesis Clone and although it's not real, it's said to be pretty damn good. But I've been having a problem. For what seems for no reason at all, my battery will start getting real hot. Enough that as you can see in the photos, the insulation has been marred.

This happens when I either first put the battery in, or adjust the button, top cap or top pin. And it ruins the insulation at the bottom of the battery.

It doesnt happen a lot. It seems totally random. I'm using aspire bdc tanks / coils, and they don't seem to be very consistent and reliable. I'm switching to a RDA.

I would like to know how unsafe these batteries are to use, what could happen, and also, WHAT IS CAUSING THIS?

Thanks.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...5-dscn1282.jpg

DSCN1282.jpg
    Last edited by mOJAVEpROVIDENCE; 01-27-2014 at 03:05 AM.

I don't know what's causing that to happen, but you should really re-wrap your batteries before using them.

Super Member Verified Member

Those don't look the same as my legit AW batteries - where did you get them?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cromeus View Post
    Those don't look the same as my legit AW batteries - where did you get them?

I got them from RTD Vapor.

I looked it up on AW's thread on another forum - the 2000mah batteries DO have a slightly different wrapper than any of the others, so those are legit.

ECF Veteran

I looked it up on AW's thread on another forum - the 2000mah batteries DO have a slightly different wrapper than any of the others, so those are legit.

Thanks Cromeus.

ECF Veteran

I cant re-wrap them, they will not fit into my devise that way.

Quote Originally Posted by mOJAVEpROVIDENCE View Post
    Thanks Cromeus.
    No problem. They're also rated for 10amp continuous, so pretty much no matter what coils you're using in your toppers, they'll be fine. I don't know any heads that come below 1.2 ohms, and those 2000mah batteries are safe up to .8

Do you have a multimeter? Last thing you want is a short and no way to find it.

Looks like you have a hard short. Perhaps your topper is shorting. Not very safe.

ECF Veteran

No problem. They're also rated for 10amp continuous, so pretty much no matter what coils you're using in your toppers, they'll be fine. I don't know any heads that come below 1.2 ohms, and those 2000mah batteries are safe up to .8

Do you have a multimeter? Last thing you want is a short and no way to find it.

I do not have a multimeter. My coils are 1.8 but i plan on building my own atomizers. I should not go below .8 with these batteries you say?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast