Battery Question: 1600mAh V. 2000mAh And The Provari

Thread: Battery Question: 1600mAh V. 2000mAh And The Provari

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Battery Question: 1600mAh V. 2000mAh And The Provari

I would consider myself an advanced vaper, but one thing I've never 100% understood is batteries. I get the basics (mAh=run time, amp limits, etc...) but obviously don't know enough to answer this question:

Since it's not a mech, with the Provari is there any difference with using either the AW IMR 18650 2000mAh vs. the 1600mAh, other than supposed run time?

I don't suppose there is since it's a regulated device, but thought I'd go to the experts before I buy a few more...
    Molon Labe

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Because its regulated the mah is what's important to you. I am not sure if battery level and what you prefer to vape at would make a difference or not. But if you ever go to mechs the 1600 is superior in the sense that it will stay at or above 3.7 longer, providing a more satisfying vape longer. My only real suggestion would be if your really really curious get one of each and compare em

ECF Veteran

Thanks for the reply!

I used to have a Provari and couple of each battery actually (re-aquiring some of my old stuff), but never noticed any substantial difference between the two. Just thought I'd check with some people who knew a bit more than me first before making a purchase and wanted to make sure I'm getting the optimum setup for my needs.
    Molon Labe

Blog Entries

Theoretically you'll get more battery time between charges with the 2000 mAh battery vs the 1600 mAh battery.

The 1600 mAh battery has a much higher Amp limit (24 amp) than the 2000 mAH battery (10 amp), thus it is best suited for sub-ohm coils on a mechanical mod. Any amps over 10 on a Provari or any other regulated mod is overkill.

ECF Veteran

Thanks for the info. I was hearing about people having shorter battery life with the 200mAh, but I think that was a fluke that got a little more attention than it deserved.

Anyway, looks like I'll be going with the 200mAh batts
    Molon Labe

Full Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    Theoretically you'll get more battery time between charges with the 2000 mAh battery vs the 1600 mAh battery.

The 1600 mAh battery has a much higher Amp limit (24 amp) than the 2000 mAH battery (10 amp), thus it is best suited for sub-ohm coils on a mechanical mod. Any amps over 10 on a Provari or any other regulated mod is overkill.
    Baditude, does apply to DNA 30 devices also?