Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto Battery Blinking 15 Times

Super Member ECF Veteran Sherrick's Avatar

Default Auto Battery Blinking 15 Times

I'm sure this has been asked and answered a hundred times, but I keep looking for information and can't seem to find any.

I have a KR808D-1 and a couple of my automatic batteries periodically start blinking for no reason that I can figure. They will blink 15 times and then quit. When I try to vape, I get nothing but 15 more flashes. If I put the battery on the charger, then a few minutes thereafter the battery shows fully charged and I can use it again. This 15 flashes phenomenon happens sometimes when I've just taken the battery off of the charger and other times after 10 - 30 minutes of use and sometimes significantly longer. I read something about it being preferable to use a manual / protected battery if I'm going to be refilling cartos, but I want to make sure that's the issue before I spend the money on manual batts.

Anybody have any insight?

I appreciate the assistance.
    Sherrick

2. Advertisement
    ECF Guru (Fusionman) Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I believe you need to charge them. Or you may need to clean them. There is a thread on cleaning them either in maintainance or the KR808D-1 thread.

To handle yourself, use your head; To handle others, use your heart.

Well, I'm pretty sure it is not a charging issue, as sometimes this happens on a full charge immediately after coming off the charger. Cleaning? Perhaps. I'll find the thread you mentioned. Thanks!

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Try cleaning and centering the post.

A little help is needed

This thread helped me once. Good luck.

CES
    optimistic cynic Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I wonder if the problem is the charger not the battery. Do you have another charger that you can try? I have a usb charger that indicates a full charge a minute or two after connecting the battery. Since my batteries all charge fine on other usb and wall chargers, my conclusion is that the charger is toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Katya View Post
    Try cleaning and centering the post.

A little help is needed
    I'll give this a try here shortly and post back the results. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CES View Post
    I wonder if the problem is the charger not the battery. Do you have another charger that you can try? I have a usb charger that indicates a full charge a minute or two after connecting the battery. Since my batteries all charge fine on other usb and wall chargers, my conclusion is that the charger is toast.
    Thank you for the response CES. I think I can rule out the charger as the issue, as I have more than one charger and it doesn't seem to matter which of them I use. Regardless of the charger I'm using, the flashing led problem still occurs periodically.

I wish I knew what the 15 flashes is supposed to indicate. I know that three flashes means the battery is low and needs to be recharged. What does 15 flashes mean??? Any thoughts?

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I've read that there can be an automatic cleaning cycle/function, perhaps that is what is being signalled?

The info below is quoted from an Njoy site:

"Internally controlled by a micro-computer program, the NPRO and NCIG have an automatic cleaning function. When the user has inhaled for 1,500 times, the indicator light will shine continuously for 15-20 seconds while the product begins an automatic cleaning process. This process will not affect the use of the product."

Both models have automatic batteries.

Scared me half to death the first time it happened

Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far. I keep trying different things, trying to rule things out as I move toward a final answer. Most recent thing I've done is a very thorough cleaning, but sadly this had no impact. Still getting the 15 blinks / flashes. So very curious this is.....

Super Member ECF Veteran brandon555's Avatar

The KR808 is supposed to blink 15 times when the battery is dead. How long are you charging your batts?
    Smoke free since 2/7/10
    Stuff: Prodigy V2, Protege V1.1, Little Sister variable volt

Senior Member ECF Veteran RoKeM's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I first started vaping I had a blu (please, no snickering). It would flash like this if I over used it. It seemed every time I would be taking several pulls on it (Gigity) it would flash a buch of times and stop working for a few seconds. After questioning Blu about this I was told it was a built in safety that kept me from letting the battery get to hot. Maybe this is the same issue with your auto batteries? I quit using the automatic batts after I got away from the Blu and moved to the 510, so I don’t know about other auto batts but it may be worth asking the folks you got it from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast