Charger that will work well for AW IMR 18650
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charger that will work well for AW IMR 18650

Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Default Charger that will work well for AW IMR 18650

Ok gang I'm having a little trouble on figuring out which battery charger I should use with AW IMR high drain 18650.

Specific charger models would help.

Than you,

Paul Clay
    Innokin 123, ATR, SVD, The Darwin, Innovapor Ultramax, Ego-T, Ego mega VV2, Bombshell, Prodigy V3.1, Omega, Mantis, Groove,Legacy, Kick

Ω Destroyer Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Any 3.7 volt lithium battery charger that will take an 18650 size battery will work fine:

Pila charger, Ultrafire WF-188, Trustfire TR-001, etc
    Last analog: 2-23-2011

Current Gear: Darwin, SS GGTS #882, Ωpus-D, iHy Illuminati & Pure, Precise ELA, Simplicity 350Ti, Black Copper Stingray #459

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy1 View Post
    Any 3.7 volt lithium battery charger that will take an 18650 size battery will work fine:

Pila charger, Ultrafire WF-188, Trustfire TR-001, etc
    I have the WF-188 and I used it at 3.7v, 300ma instead of 650ma and it didn't hold. It went on the charger for about 5 hrs then turned green. It stayed powered up for about 10 minutes on a AW IMR high drain 18650. Tried it again and it was on for 5hrs again and its working so far. Just wanting a better charger
    Innokin 123, ATR, SVD, The Darwin, Innovapor Ultramax, Ego-T, Ego mega VV2, Bombshell, Prodigy V3.1, Omega, Mantis, Groove,Legacy, Kick

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Here is the chargers I have been using for over 2 years and never ever had a problem.
    TrustFire TR-001 Lithium Ion Battery Charger
    9.99 madvapes

Blog Entries

What does IMR stand for? My other mods either used protected 18650 or Life PO

Blog Entries

thank you I looked at that and the WF 139 and possibly this one.

SYSMAX Intellicharge i4 Li-Ion Ni-Cd Ni-MH 4-Channel Smart Battery Charger

Ω Destroyer Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulc35 View Post
    I have the WF-188 and I used it at 3.7v, 300ma instead of 650ma and it didn't hold. It went on the charger for about 5 hrs then turned green. It stayed powered up for about 10 minutes on a AW IMR high drain 18650. Tried it again and it was on for 5hrs again and its working so far. Just wanting a better charger
    That switch just sets the charge rate, I don't know if charging a large battery at a slower rate would affect anything. Sounds like you either have a bad batt or a bad charger to me. I've used that one in the past, but currently am using the TR-001, both are good chargers for cheap (actually regretting getting rid of the WF-188 since I've started using the 3V batteries again, so now I'm back to having two different chargers)

That Sysmax charger should work fine, but for the price I personally wouldn't go for it unless I was in need of a charger for those other battery types it supports, as well. Can't speak to its quality since I've never used it
    Last analog: 2-23-2011

Current Gear: Darwin, SS GGTS #882, Ωpus-D, iHy Illuminati & Pure, Precise ELA, Simplicity 350Ti, Black Copper Stingray #459

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Dittto for Doots!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I only use IMRs and theTR001 works great for me right now, I even bought the cheapie car adapter for it when I am out and about or power goes out. I am saving up my nickles for a Pila though.

Blog Entries

I ordered - The TrustFire TR-003 P4 Charger

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast