18650 Bat Holders?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 18650 Bat Holders?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default 18650 Bat Holders?

Hi,
    New to modding, and thinking of building a dual 18650 VV Altoid tin mod. I'm having trouble finding dual or even single 18650 battery holders. Anyone have a link?

Also thinking about using a smaller switch, similar to the one on the Roughstack. Again, looking for place to buy?

Thanks

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

18650 battery holder

Small 3 amp swich

This may help you find what you are looking for
    mace bewley likes this.

ECF Veteran

I've used these: BH-18650-2S-WG: JAMECO RELIAPRO: Batteries I don't know if they'll fit into a Altoids tin.I've used these as well, they are similar to the Roughstack switch: 30-3UL Grayhill Inc | GH1358-ND | DigiKeyThis is the RS switch; I think it's a bit pricey for what it is though: 8551MZQE2 C&K Components | CKN1672-ND | DigiKey
    TomCatt likes this.

Well most of the 18650 batt holders out there will only fit unprotected cells, so keep that in mind.

I bought some of this style off eBay.

Even using unprotected cells getting then in and out was a major pain, maybe the double version would be easier.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plastic-Batt...item3f0f22f730

The price of the RS/C&K would be fine, but they just don't hold up as well as other switches.
    "The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see"

Try searching...

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
    Well most of the 18650 batt holders out there will only fit unprotected cells, so keep that in mind.

I bought some of this style off eBay.

Even using unprotected cells getting then in and out was a major pain, maybe the double version would be easier.

Plastic Battery Storage Case Box Holder for 2 x 18650 Black with 6" Wire Leads | eBay

The price of the RS/C&K would be fine, but they just don't hold up as well as other switches.

This place has the holders for protected cells $2 -- Diy Battery Box for 2*18650 Battery, Worldwide Free Shipping

Full Member Verified Member

Smartvapes carry them HERE

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by voxlet View Post
    Thanks. Found them last night and ordered a half dozen. I had been looking all over on ebay where there are hundreds of different ones. Oddly, it didn't occur to me to check the site that I bought the pre made Altoids mod I just got. Also ordered a few 510-510 adaptors with nuts for under half what Avid Vaper sells them for, and a board mount voltmeter for the awesome price of $6.66.

I had never realized how many parts that can be used in mods are available on eBay. It's nuts.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by meatsneakers View Post
    I've used these: BH-18650-2S-WG: JAMECO RELIAPRO: Batteries I don't know if they'll fit into a Altoids tin.I've used these as well, they are similar to the Roughstack switch: 30-3UL Grayhill Inc | GH1358-ND | DigiKeyThis is the RS switch; I think it's a bit pricey for what it is though: 8551MZQE2 C&K Components | CKN1672-ND | DigiKey
    Thanks Meatsneakers. I ordered a few of the Grayhill switches. They look just right for what I have in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by lynch View Post
    This place has the holders for protected cells $2 -- Diy Battery Box for 2*18650 Battery, Worldwide Free Shipping
    Nice find if the sell copy can be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by voxlet View Post
    Those look identical to one I posted that do NOT work well well with protected and are a pain to use with any cell.
    "The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see"

Try searching...

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
    Nice find if the sell copy can be trusted.

Those look identical to one I posted that do NOT work well well with protected and are a pain to use with any cell.
    Willy, I ordered 5 of them about a week ago and will post here if they are any good When I get them.
    WillyB likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast