Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Lexi-DNA20D

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sovran View Post
    mamu, are you using the stock charging circuit or did you squeeze a DNA charger in there also? I really like your build. The small size and available power you have put together is amazing.
    I'm using the charging board that comes with the power bank. I really don't need the batt status LEDs that's hooked to the charging board cuz the OLED displays the batt's charge level, but the flashlight is kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bapgood View Post
    mamu,
    I have to ask.....how you are capturing your vape time?

I think its awesome you have such precise data!
    In the menu of the Nivel there's a timer that tracks seconds/minutes/hours of actual button press time. It's good for not only tracking vape time, but also what a particular batt will give you with one complete charge.
    Most people are about as happy as they make up their mind to be. - A. Lincoln

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mamu View Post
    In the menu of the Nivel there's a timer that tracks seconds/minutes/hours of actual button press time. It's good for not only tracking vape time, but also what a particular batt will give you with one complete charge.
    I'm not familiar with the Nivel, but I would love to know how batteries were performing.....that's a cool feature
    3D CAD Models Created Using Autodesk Inventor
    About fuses and choosing the appropriate fuse for your mod

Full Member Verified Member

Will these Lexi's be made available to the public? :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mamu, out of all the builds so far it seems you have the smallest enclosure. Bigger is not always better, I think I want to build a Lexi with my DNA20. I have sourced all the parts except for the batt. I will find one that suits me soon I am sure. Do you have any tips for someone that wants to follow in your footsteps(that is if you dont mind)

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeygar View Post
    Will these Lexi's be made available to the public? :-)
    I was thinking of maybe selling some Lexi-DNA20Ds, but after doing 3 Lexi-DNA20D builds I've found it's too labor intensive to make a go of it. Plus the parts to build just one Lexi cost me ~$125+. Add a full day of labor to that just to build one Lexi as well as replacing my overworked modding tools and wowza on the price.

Someone will most likely come along and have a Lexi-DNA20D type mod to sell that they've outsourced many parts of the build and that will be more cost-friendly to people who want to buy one. I'm thinking it will still be an expensive mod to buy.

I do have plans though to do a how-to with an easier build using a different case. I've got the parts for that coming in so will git er done when I get the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovran View Post
    mamu, out of all the builds so far it seems you have the smallest enclosure. Bigger is not always better, I think I want to build a Lexi with my DNA20. I have sourced all the parts except for the batt. I will find one that suits me soon I am sure. Do you have any tips for someone that wants to follow in your footsteps(that is if you dont mind)
    Yes, Lexi is small and pocket friendly. I luvs my Lexis.

If you've not modded before, I wouldn't suggest you attempt Lexi. Lexi-DNA20D is an advanced build for a modder.

But if you've decided to give it a go, my best tip is to pay close attention at all times to the OLED - especially where it's connected to the cable. It's a very tight fit cuz I've got the OLED display portion centered in the case - it would be easier for me if I had it offset from center, but I like it centered. I've had a few oh gawd moments when I attempt to finagle the OLED into its spot inside the case and also watch where the cable end is resting against the side of the case what with the sides being rounded. Plus I'm not used to working with a dangling thingy hanging off a board. So far I've been very lucky - no mishaps... yet.
    d9mel likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by notsmoking View Post
    Mamu.... where do you get those enclosures from..... I like that type of shape
    Here ya go:

http://www............com/item/Whole...559447042.html

eVic, Silver Bullet, AcryliMax Copperwood, RoughStack Shorty, AMP Tank, Terminator-C, Terminator RDAs, Octopus RDAs, Drunkers, Mini DID Clone, and a bunch of eGos and Vivi Novas...

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

mamu, have you noticed a drop in battery life with the DNA 20 in regular mode vs stealth? Not sure if its my imagination or my batteries...

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by d9mel View Post
    mamu, have you noticed a drop in battery life with the DNA 20 in regular mode vs stealth? Not sure if its my imagination or my batteries...
    Is the drop in batt charge significant?

I haven't played around with stealth mode. I should get to that and see what kind of vape times I get with and without stealth mode.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm on vacation right now so I havent been in a position to do a timed full drain, cant carry around a backup all the time.

I did run it (normal mode)from a full charge @ 7am to about 50% @ 11pm then it dropped off and shut down around 1am. Since then I've run it in stealth, and plug it in every once in a while to avoid hitting 0%

I wouldnt think that the draw for the screen has too much of an effect on the bat life, I'm really thinking it is the generic li-po's that I used.

Interested to see your results

Box Mod Addict Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mamu View Post
    I was thinking of maybe selling some Lexi-DNA20Ds, but after doing 3 Lexi-DNA20D builds I've found it's too labor intensive to make a go of it. Plus the parts to build just one Lexi cost me ~$125+. Add a full day of labor to that just to build one Lexi as well as replacing my overworked modding tools and wowza on the price.
    Since when has price ever stopped a vaper from buying new toys.
    SAX likes this.
    "Character is easier kept than recovered."

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast