DNA20D Lightsaber
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By killjoyken
  • 1 Post By DietSalem

Thread: DNA20D Lightsaber

Full Member Verified Member

Default DNA20D Lightsaber

Being the huge Star Wars geek that I am, I've been wanting to make a full size lightsaber PV for a while. I originally wanted to use a Force FX saber, but couldn't find a good deal on a broken one and didn't want to sacrifice mine. I happened to find a cheaper alternative with a $7 lightsaber flashlight that looks good enough even though it's made of plastic.

Everything was a tight fit and the USB port on the back didn't come out very clean, but overall I still love it. It's currently running on a single AW IMR 18650 and has a 510 connector from a broken eVic. I've been extremely happy with the DNA20. It's the only VW device I've tried that compares to the Provari. Personally I don't care if it's VV or VW, but having the resistance and battery always on the display is mighty convenient. Plus the USB charging and pass-thru capability is really handy since it's a pain to remove the battery.

Here's a size comparison with a Provari Mini and Provari with the 18650 extension. Not exactly pocket size.

MwSlim, ruff, RPadTV and 2 others like this.

This thing is awesome! Keep up the good work man

Super Member ECF Veteran DietSalem's Avatar

So, you're selling these now and I'm buying one and would like to inquire on price and how far from last week I can own one and hold one and cherish it and love it forever.
    WeakSauC3 likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

funny thing, i built a lightsabre a few years ago with all the sounds and crap and now i am wondering if i can mod a vamo into it and keep the sounds etc.....hmmm
    Sent via my turbo encabulator

ECF Veteran

There's a guy on YouTube that has made a lightsaber mod that makes the sound of a lightsaber when you move it around. I think he used a hasbro lightsaber.

Op- that's a great build. How sturdy is the plastic, and how realistic is it in person?

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamesrocco View Post
    This thing is awesome! Keep up the good work man
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ta2ooz View Post
    funny thing, i built a lightsabre a few years ago with all the sounds and crap and now i am wondering if i can mod a vamo into it and keep the sounds etc.....hmmm
    I was planning on keeping the sound board and LEDs, but ran out of space. I had to cut and dremel out a lot of plastic just to fit an 18650 in the base. This flashlight is a little smaller than the replica Force FX lightsabers that would easily have more room for electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyboy5691 View Post
    There's a guy on YouTube that has made a lightsaber mod that makes the sound of a lightsaber when you move it around. I think he used a hasbro lightsaber.

Op- that's a great build. How sturdy is the plastic, and how realistic is it in person?
    Honestly, not very sturdy. I wouldn't expect it to survive a 5 foot fall onto concrete. Probably a little more durable than an eVic. Realistic? Kinda. It looks and feels like plastic, but looks good sitting on my desk unless you put it next to a Force FX saber.

ECF Veteran

Awesome, nice work man. Now all you need to do is fill up that tank with some Bobas Bounty and your're all set!!

ECF Veteran

that thing is HUGE lol. so cool though!