Why hasn't someone done a sticky with a parts list? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why hasn't someone done a sticky with a parts list?

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Tree!
    The knowledge is contained within this forum and others. Just figuring out the questions to find it can be the hardest part!

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran DrBeaker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azmo View Post
    And the other thing I found is that people just don't read the stickies. Even if there was a sticky, people would still post asking for the same information.

This being such a helpful community, nobody seems to mind answering the same questions over and over. Ask and Ye' shall receive. Another option is the search feature, although I rarely find that helpful.
    yeah except a search engine doesn't always work very well for what you're looking for

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by adyson View Post
    yeah except a search engine doesn't always work very well for what you're looking for
    I didn't say a search engine, I said the search feature as in the box at the top right. And I already said that I rarely find it helpful, but I still use it.

Senior Member ECF Veteran kaddigart's Avatar

Another caveat to a list such as this would be availability and advancement. Parts sell out, and the technology can improve or become obsolete overnight. Maybe if somebody made a parametric list...

The best I could do was come up with a list for what I wanted to build, then go hunting for that handful of parts. I'd start somewhere that does have a parametric listing such as Mouser, get my part #s and then hit the search engines to find the lowest possible prices. Keep in mind sites like eBay and Amazon have sweet deals that come and go quickly...I bought 10 Trustfire Flame 14500's with a charger for $25 including shipping. Scroll down the same page I found them on and you'd see a pair for $16.99.

That type of fluctuation makes a collective list nearly impossible to compose...

I have a bookmark called ecig mod parts when I find a part or a deal I put it there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12