Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Bottom Feeder built with a VAMO chip (help)

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Perhaps you could use a Kick for voltage/wattage control in your wood box mod using a 18500 or 18490 battery. That would leave you the whole other side of the box for your juice bottle/bottom feed setup. Fasttech has a kick clone for less than $9 shipped.

2. Advertisement

WOW,good idea..dont know how that one didnt cross my mind before..I think im gonna order one right now.thanks!

ECF Veteran

I have been meaning to do it myself for a few weeks now, even got the kick clone in and picked up some hardwood samples from the flooring department at the local Home Depot. They are free and you can pick from a lot of exotic wood species/types. Been side tracked working on an ego box mod with USB charging for my brother though.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by whatsat View Post
    I have been meaning to do it myself for a few weeks now, even got the kick clone in and picked up some hardwood samples from the flooring department at the local Home Depot. They are free and you can pick from a lot of exotic wood species/types. Been side tracked working on an ego box mod with USB charging for my brother though.
    Sounds like a great source for wood. What size are the pieces, on average?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    ....Busy Baking a Brass Brownie

ECF Veteran

Usually about 3"x4" but they have the edge on them for interlocking together. They basically are the pieces of the boards of the hardwood flooring cut into smaller pieces for customers to take as samples. Usually they are the special order pieces and sizes and thickness vary some based on the type. They are usually located on the hardwood/laminate flooring aisle. Only get a couple of pieces each time you are in or else they will try to set you up for a measure or consultation.

20140322_114656_Android.jpgwoodbacksmall.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by whatsat View Post
    Usually about 3"x4" but they have the edge on them for interlocking together. They basically are the pieces of the boards of the hardwood flooring cut into smaller pieces for customers to take as samples. Usually they are the special order pieces and sizes and thickness vary some based on the type. They are usually located on the hardwood/laminate flooring aisle. Only get a couple of pieces each time you are in or else they will try to set you up for a measure or consultation.

20140322_114656_Android.jpgwoodbacksmall.jpg
    Definitely gonna grab some of those for a mod!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12