Blog Comments

• |
    Nicotine probably doesn't survive burning, but that's irrelevant. Hot smoke from the burning ember at the end of a cigarette is pulled through adjacent tobacco that has yet to burn where it vaporizes nicotine and carries it to the smoker.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by nobutts1
    I would also like to ask the same question, why did we smoke cigarettes and were soooo unable to stop?
    I've read somewheres that there are 40 substances in cigarettes that are addictive.

But how is it that the throat hit comes from nicotine if we don't inhale it?

And what about snus? It's somehow like injecting, isn't it?
    Updated 07-05-2014 at 09:36 AM by monikaedv (adding a question)
    • |
    Thanks so much! Very helpful for the nervous novice.

• |
    Hey Danny. Thanks for all the great info! Just what I was looking for. What brand sucralose would you recommend?
    • |
    what a great starting point. Thanks Danny!
    • |
    it would have to be on page 666.go figure.....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokok
    Interesting info.. Thanks for sharing.
    • |
    So there is no nicotine in cigarette smoke?

Why was I addicted to smoking?

Why did a vape with 24mg of nicotine make it so easy for me to quit smoking when nothing else worked?

Is there nicotine in my vapor?

I am thoroughly confused now.
    • |
    Is there a specific UC that you highly recommend?
    Id like it to do larger batches so that I could mix my flavors and then steep them all at the same time.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by nobutts1
    What is RY4 exactly?
    I had the same question so I googled around:

RY 4 (RY4) is a sweet tobacco with undertones of caramel and vanilla.
    • |
    I have seen you in the forums raving about adding saline to your mixes.. Do you not add saline to all your recipes?
    • |
    I learn alot from this Guy blog awesome Thank you so much
    • |
    Subscribed for later. I'm right on the cusp of getting into DIY and now I know exactly what I'll need. Thanks!!
    • |
    What is RY4 exactly?
    • |
    I would also like to ask the same question, why did we smoke cigarettes and were soooo unable to stop?
    • |
    Wow!!! excellent.
    • |
    bookmarking this for the next order I place for flavorings. Thank you, your explanations are great!
    • |
    Yet for some reason ejuice is in freebase form? I have noticed most lozenges/patches etc have nicotine in a various salt or oxide form. I have also noted that nicotine in tobacco does not exist as a freebase, nor is it likely that tobacco smoke has any freebase in it at all.The Smoker's Club, Inc. Encyclopedia 16

Yet we use titration kits that test for 'freebase' nicotine to verify nicotine content. So if it oxidizes, or the flavoring is acidic and forms salts, the test kit won't work. There will still be nicotine present though. This may explain some inconsistencies in the past.

I've also noticed in my experience with extractions, that nicotine in salt form has near zero throat hit, even at 36 mg/ml. I think it may be the caustic alkaline effect of freebase nicotine that causes throat hit.
    • |
    I appreciate that and glad I can help
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by birdieman
    Really enjoy your blog, Danny. Reading the RY4 and Chocolate, I gather the base is the major ingredient in what you want to vape. So in here the Hazelnut and the toffee are considered as the middle or top layer? And do you do the testing with nicotine or without?
    Actually you are a bit confused. You have the general idea but there is no ry1 in this recipe.
    the toffie and hazelnut are not used as notes at all they are used as flavor enhancers for the chocolate taste.

The chocolate cream is the base flavor

the hazelnut is used to enhance the flavor of the base note and bring out the chocolate flavor

The toffie is used to bring out the sweet creamieness of the chocolate.
    • |
    Interesting info.. Thanks for sharing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast