E-Cigarette Forum - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherBob
    Good info Danny.
    Word of caution. I'm not 100% sure of this but makes sense. I read another post regarding the length of time you can keep and safely use the purchased or mix saline solution. 2 weeks max. tends to draw unwanted bacteria after this.
    I suppose this is why you do not see it offered from vape vendors.
    Not sure if this is true but get to idea that saline solutions are used in some bacterial growth cultures? I imagine you want to keep this mix extremely clean and fresh.
    If not opened I'm sure the shelf life is quite longer then 2 weeks but once opened it is no longer sterial so I wouldn't use it for medical applications but for our purposes as long as you don't cross contaminate it with VG/PG/NIC or flavoring 6 months should be fine. To be a little safer you can also refrigerate it once opened.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by MsGoddess2U
    Danny, I can't find hangsen chocolate cream anywhere...not even on the hangsen site �� PLEASE HELP...ecigexpress does not have it. In fact, they don't even have a spot for it that says sold out
    The blog is meant to be a guide for enhancing a primary flavor and not meant to be interpreted as giving out a specific recipe. It's meant to show you how other flavors can enhance a primary flavor. So if there is a favorite chocolate flavoring that you enjoy substitute it and use the additional flavors to enhance it.
    • |
    I find an RDA or 510 atty work the best. I use kayfun RBA's and have an RDA that's based on a kayfun.
    • |
    Ok, i'm confused as well. This was a VERY good informative article and i am taking baby steps to learn all i can before i begin doing the DIY ejuices. However, from what i'm gathering from this blog entry on Nicotine, like a few others have already stated, that nicotine isn't the addictive substance in cigerettes? Only because it's only freebase nictone that can be addictive correct?

If that's the case, then is it the tar and 4000 other chemicals in analogs that we was addicted too? Just needing some clarification cause i'm now totally confused. If there's another blog entry somewhere that explains this, i would love to read it. Thanks Danny for all your hard work in educating people in these areas....you're blessing many people and that's to be commended!!! *two thumbs up*
    • |
    Good info Danny.
    Word of caution. I'm not 100% sure of this but makes sense. I read another post regarding the length of time you can keep and safely use the purchased or mix saline solution. 2 weeks max. tends to draw unwanted bacteria after this.
    I suppose this is why you do not see it offered from vape vendors.
    Not sure if this is true but get to idea that saline solutions are used in some bacterial growth cultures? I imagine you want to keep this mix extremely clean and fresh.
    • |
    thank you so much for your blog
    Ditto.
    Note on harsh:
    I'v read other blogs equating "TH" throat hit with the term harsh. Not sure if these two terms are the same type of sensation. Harsh for me refers to a sore feeling in the back of the throat. I can get this feeling from a carto when the juice starts to dry up. Tobacco vapes tend to intensify this feeling of harshness. I can get the taste and harsh combination with non tobacco vapes, but less so compared to "with tobacco mix".
    I do not know for sure, but what your vaping with and the condition of the personal vapor device can play a roll. So one could use a new carto for each of Danny's excellent tests. A RBA (rebuild-able ati) with clean coil might take the condition of the personal vapor device out of the equation.
    Dirty or old coils will also cause this.
    I think you were hitting on my observation with the above statement.
    • |
    I found this chocolate cream. Have you tried it before?
    Chocolate Cream WG-INW - Bull City Vapor
    • |
    Danny, I can't find hangsen chocolate cream anywhere...not even on the hangsen site 😿 PLEASE HELP...ecigexpress does not have it. In fact, they don't even have a spot for it that says sold out
    • |
    Hey Danny thank you for your contributions here...

How do you test the sample? I mean, you mix the drops, and then directly to a RDA? or do you step the mix?
    • |
    Figures I see this after trying to get my nic straight - I hate pepper of any kind and have been struggling along - thank you so much for your blog
    • |
    You can get these flavorings at ecigexpress.com
    • |
    Hi there nice info.
    am looking forward to try this recipe but form where you get your Hangsen flavoring ??
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by soupy1970
    Hi Danny! Nice blog. What would you think of a heated stir plate? I have the 8 minute UC from Harbor freight but it's a pain to keep setting it. I was thinking about making a 4 beaker stir plate out of an old PC. All I would have to do is mount the fans to the top and install a 4 fan controller in the drive bay and jump the power supply to fool it that there is a motherboard. I'm thinking there has to be a way to take a few of the $5 candle warmers and incorporate those into the lid. What's your take on stir plates with/without heat. Does heat change the game for stir plates, or would UC still be the way to go?

Many have used stir plates with great success and it's starting to become main stream as far as steeping is concerned. A heated stir plate is the best choice. The key there is maintaining a temperature of 150F. I think I'll have to add a blurb about stir plates to this blog.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by jarreddizzle
    Is there a specific UC that you highly recommend?
    Id like it to do larger batches so that I could mix my flavors and then steep them all at the same time.
    I use this

Amazon.com: Joy4Less Professional Grade Ultrasonic Cleaner 4810, 30-min Timer, Plastic Basket: Electronics
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by White Stone
    Thank you for the recipe. You will know I am new to DYI when I ask how I am supposed to know how much 5, 2, & 1% is
    Does that mean the base is 92% ??

How do I measure that? I have a syringe that does show mg and .tsp but not %'s

Help, please. Anyone who knows is welcome to chime in, of course.

Appreciate it,
    White Stone
    Get the e-juice me up calculator it will figure this out for you.

eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach904
    I have seen you in the forums raving about adding saline to your mixes.. Do you not add saline to all your recipes?
    If my mix requires thinning I use saline.
    • |
    If the final strength you want to vape is 3mg then you can add the flavoring directly to the Nicotine base. There would be no need to add any additional VG. Adding flavoring will dilute the Nicotine further depending on how much flavoring you add.
    • |
    Hi Danny! Nice blog. What would you think of a heated stir plate? I have the 8 minute UC from Harbor freight but it's a pain to keep setting it. I was thinking about making a 4 beaker stir plate out of an old PC. All I would have to do is mount the fans to the top and install a 4 fan controller in the drive bay and jump the power supply to fool it that there is a motherboard. I'm thinking there has to be a way to take a few of the $5 candle warmers and incorporate those into the lid. What's your take on stir plates with/without heat. Does heat change the game for stir plates, or would UC still be the way to go?
    • |
    Thank you for the recipe. You will know I am new to DYI when I ask how I am supposed to know how much 5, 2, & 1% is
    Does that mean the base is 92% ??

How do I measure that? I have a syringe that does show mg and .tsp but not %'s

Help, please. Anyone who knows is welcome to chime in, of course.

Appreciate it,
    White Stone
    • |
    Danny! I've read various blogs that you wrote, and you're very knowledgeable. Wondering if you can help me out.

I bought a few flavors, and "3mg Unflavored Nicotine Base" with Max VG from ECigExpress (3mg Unflavored Nicotine Base - ecigExpress).

My question is, can I just add the flavor to unflavored nic base or do I need to get pure VG to mix with?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast