E-Cigarette Forum - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    Quote Originally Posted by foraben
    The batteries exploding is only on mech mods, right? Could my Sigelei 100w possibly explode if the coils are incorrectly built?
    Theoretically, the protective circuitry of regulated mods should shut down the device prior to any short circuit or battery overload. This is assuming that you are also using safe-chemistry IMR or IMR/hybrid batteries. Do not use ICR chemistry batteries.
    • |
    The batteries exploding is only on mech mods, right? Could my Sigelei 100w possibly explode if the coils are incorrectly built?
    • |
    First: thanks, Baditude, for a highly informative page. Second: how does this information apply to mods that take *two* 18650 batteries? I have a Siglei 100W box, and a Dovpo E-Mech. They claim to be able to handle 0.1 ohm and 0.5 ohm, respectively; each one takes two 18650 batteries. Right now, I'm using twin Samsung pink batteries ("eVic compatible"), but I'm also using commercial coils of 1.6+ ohms. However, I have a few RBAs ready to build, and will probably create some 0.5-1.0 ohm coils. I know that 20A of battery would get me to 0.8 ohm -- but I've no idea how the dual battery setup affects things. Any advice?
    • |
    Baditude I looking for some advice.
    I've sort of done things abit backwards...I purchased my batteries my new mod before reading this thread and I'm abit worried I've got cheap nasty batteries. So I kinda want your opinion cos you sound like you know what your talking about.
    I purchased them from my local ecig shop and he talked me into buying the 18650 instead of the smaller ones. After reading your post it looks like mine are the unbranded type, its just a grey battery with stamped black writing, no make or anything and the box says lithium-ion battery.....do you think i should I be concerned? Any help would be great, thanx
    • |
    Lol, knew it. When I bought the batteries I was skeptical, and kept in mind that the amp limit was probably 20 and not 35. Built accordingly, and haven't been having any problems at all.
    • |
    Great well thought out write up. This should be required reading for anyone venturing into anything beyond an eGo. Hats off to you for taking the time to write it up.
    • |
    I like this for a tank. You can get affordable coil heads for it too. Recently, got onto using this one. The heads are about a buck more per five pack. Also use an RGM2 tank, which looks similar to one of these. But the RGM2's are available via FastTech for around $10 less. A benefit of the RGM2 tanks is they accept standardized ProTank coil heads which run about $5 per five pack. The UniTank takes these same coil heads.

Pair any of the three tanks I use above with a standard 900mAh, no vv, battery and a nice system is had. You can get a battery for around $15. I also use a eGo V battery, 1100mAh specifically for the AeroTank. It is vv, I may get 5-6 hours use off it w/ the AeroTank and then, recharge it. The 900mAh with either the RGM2, or Aro gives me anywhere from 8-12 hours use before needing recharged.

The RGM2 & Aro are good starter clearomizers, even good for vet vapers. The AeroTank though, for me provides more flavor. That I note may vary for everyone. All totaled I think I have less than $50 in hardware as a starter kit. Average yearly hardware cost will run me around $120-150 depending on preferences, hardware wear. Add on an average $100 for juice per year, though I doubt even that. I may hit around $80 for juice. Think I once figured near $200 yearly costs, juice and hardware.

I consider analogs running around $2,000 - 4,000 yearly, look at vaping costs. I think I'll just on.
    • |
    Thanks for the write-up... if you were to reccomend a vape for all day use would it be a mechanical or regulated mod that takes batteries?
    • |
    Baditude, thanks for your work. My question is why won't my XTAR 18650 batteries that are claimed to be Sony VTC4's fit my Vamo but are a bit too long to fit my Innokin VTR, which is why I bought them? I purchased four of them from the Xtar web site. Thanks.
    • |
    Thanks this was very helpful.
    • |
    Great resource Bad! I've been posting all your blog links individually (saved in a database). Thanks to Bassnorma's post earlier this evening I learned that you had created this new Table of Contents! Guess I'll be editing a few of my entries in my database to take advantage of this. Thank you so much (and thank you Bassnorma)!
    • |
    Terrific Bad!!! It's funny, I was just thinking today that it would be great to have these all in one place...I have navigated to your profile so many times to find your blogs that I fear you will think I am stalking you! LOL
    • |
    Great video, new to this and didn't have a clue until now, thanks
    • |
    Baditude, your review did sway me to a Provari V2.5 extended tube Chrome Blue...I had a Tesla and after 9 months it was acting up...I was iffy about just adjustable voltage but I haven't looked back!

Thanks!
    • |
    @ Fictitious Character. Battery classification and labels are very loosely thrown around by vendors and consumers alike. Technically, all lithium batteries are Li-ion, including Li-Mn (IMR) and all of the IMR/hybrid batteries which includes NCR (Panasonic hybrid) and INR (Samsung hybrid) batteries. It's admittedly confusing, and I'm often not sure at times under what sub-classification a battery falls under.

The Panasonic NCR18650A 3100mah battery is an IMR/hybrid battery, with a 6.8 amp continuous discharge rating. Like the NCR18650B 3400 mah battery, it is not considered a high drain battery, but it is a safe chemistry battery. Their mixed chemistry is heavily weighted to the ICR side, and performance-wise they should be considered more of a low-drain ICR battery than an high drain IMR battery. These batteries were designed for flashlights. To be blunt, there are better batteries than these for a regulated mod.
    • |
    Baditude,

Nicely written and very helpful on the question I was wondering about on the difference between L-ion and LiMn batteries.

Are there an older version of vtc's that are Li-ion? I was just wondering because I almost ordered 4 of the Xstar re branded vtc4 from Battery Junction but noticed that they are Li-ion. Are these types more just flashlight batteries with the same vtc4 name? Or are they old stock?

Needing to pick up another 4 vtc's for a IVP3 dual battery regulated box mod that I am waiting on. I currently use vtc 4's because they did not have the 5's when I needed them and then I just kind of stuck with them.

Wife uses the panasonic 3100 3.7 18650 but I am not finding clear specs on them and I am considering replacing them as they are Li-ion as well. She uses them in a VTR a regulated 15 watt box mod. Any info on the panasonics?

We use a 4 bay nitecore intelcharger. I unplug it when not in use to just to be safe.

Anyways thanks again for taking the time to write this.
    • |
    thank you so much for taking the time do do this rite up on battery's i perched the INR18650-25R 2500mAh 20A and it hits soooo much harder than my efest 1865o i am using it on a k101 with a keyfun plus v2 with a 1.0 ohm 26 g coil love the dense vapor it creates thanks.
    • |
    You can learn more reading your blogs then in the million posts on the forum. Thank you, as I know little about rechargeable batteries.
    • |
    My ex-roommate is lucky that it didn't fit his mod then. He would have had a bad time running his low ohm setup.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by Baditude
    Speedracer, that is the only battery that Provape recommends for the Provari. RTD is the best choice of vendor to buy AW batteries because they are an authorized AW vendor and you can be certain not to get a counterfeit AW battery because they buy directly from Andrew Wan (AW).
    Thank you so much. Reading your blog on batteries should scare a lot of people and get them thinking about cheap bargain batteries. I had no idea how some companies can sell fake or used batteries as the real thing.

If you have time to answer I noticed the charger has several charging switches. Should I be using the trickle charge on the batteries? I should have my Provari and batteries by this weekend. I'm excited.
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast