[Tutorial] Make a 2xAA (Box Mod) battery box fit any 14500. Simple, free mod.
by, 07-03-2011 at 02:02 AM (1268 Views)
The 2xAA battery box is an awesome unit for making mods, but it suffers one problem. Sized to fit a standard AA, it doesn't always fit the inconsistently sized 14500's available today. The red and black Trustfires are the go to 14500 that seems to fit every one of the 2xAA boxes out there, but some of us want to use IMRs or have other LiIon 14500's on hand.
Here's a simple, free mod to make the ubiquitous 2xAA battery box able to accept any 14500 battery. All you need to make this mod is the bridge from an old atomizer and some epoxy.
Click any image to see it full sized.
1. Remove the bridge from an old atomizer. The bridge pictured below came from a 306 atty.
2. Using a pair of needle nosed pliers, straighten one leg of the bridge.
3. Gently remove the piece of plastic covering the master On/Off switch.
4. Lay the bridge across the positive battery terminal. The straightened leg goes over the switch. The leg with the bend extends the positive battery terminal.
5. Replace the plastic cover over the switch.
6. Epoxy the bridge in place. Make sure the bend in the leg of the bridge is centered on the battery terminal.
That's it! The bridge now extends the positive terminal far enough out that it will make contact with any 14500 battery including the short red AW IMR's.