Finally stuck one of my rebuilt coils on my Aerotank.
It's 2.8ohms (I like my ohms high so this is perfect, and about how the genuine kanger (2.2ohm) coils were reading on my MVP (which were coming out to 2.7ohms)) with a 2mm braided silica (ekowool) wick and a cotton flavor wick. (decided to build these with silica for the main wick just because it seemed easier, and because I can just wrap the wire around the wick that way)
I am extremely satisfied with my results. ^_^
Updated 09-29-2014 at 01:11 AM by Quin
Finally got around to rebuilding some more Kanger coils.
Feel proud of myself.
Feel a little frustrated with the mechanics of it as well.
I guess if I had started here and not started rebuilding with the Igo-W, I would feel differently.... but having to take apart (then put back together) a coil head is not particularly my idea of a fun time... also concerned about the process of firing it without juice on it and possibly burning the damned rubber gasket.
So I'm sitting here trying to decide on a bottom-fed RTA to buy. I'm kinda stuck. It seems like everything has one of a couple problems...
Tight DrawPain to BuildPain to Fill
I've been looking at a ton of reviews for the Kayfun, Aqua, and Lemo... and their problems go in about that order, with Kayfun both having the downside of tighter draw and being a pain to fill (cus leaking).
I like nearly everything I read about the Lemo, but it requires a syringe
Updated 09-23-2014 at 10:30 PM by Quin
So, today, against my better judgment I did two things:
I rebuilt my first coils on the Igo-W, with dual coils and organic cotton (came out to 2.2ohms with a 9/10 wrap of 32ga kanthal). The reason I say this was against my better judgment was because I was saying I wasn't going to do this till I got another hole punched in it... but it works great. It took some finagling with the coils to get the hot spot out on one of the coils, but now it's vaping like a champ.
The second is
Updated 09-12-2014 at 03:45 AM by Quin