The battle continues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The battle continues

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default The battle continues

I find myself here at 4 am, browsing the forum, analog in hand, shaking my head at myself as this battle has gone on for a year or better since discovering Bloog. The product is wonderful, but I feel it is just simply not enough to make me quit. I haven't gotten that mindset yet. I figure with ten years of smoking at the age of only 24, I should be done with it by now. A childish habit that made me "look cool" while I was in a band and being a typical teenager. Curse the tobacco industry, getting you addicted to something that has no health benefit what so ever. Alas, Me and the Newport will have our last battle someday.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran trichman's Avatar

Hang in there zero. What nic level do you use? I helped a person recently with a similar problem by telling them to get higher nic and that worked. It is good to hear from you again. We're here if you need help!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hi Zero,

Ask yourself the question: Do I really want to quit? And be serious to yourself.
    It will only really work if you want to quit.
    If you want to quit, up the nic level for a while.

Slap yourself in the face a couple of times and get back on the program.
    trichman likes this.

ECF Veteran

I'm vaping 16mg nic level, it isn't that it's not enough its just I reach for the analog first. Need to get out of the habit. Especially at work

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by zeromisfit999 View Post
    I'm vaping 16mg nic level, it isn't that it's not enough its just I reach for the analog first. Need to get out of the habit. Especially at work
    I needed 24 mg to quit. Also 24 mg is the only strength that gives me the throat hit sensation I need. BTW I smoked marboro lights. Highly recogmend you step it up.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

ECF Veteran

I'm weary about the 24mg because I bought a pack of them, and my heart started racing rather badly when I would vape them. When I smoke cigarettes my heart rate is generally 100-110, (resting is about 80 as I have anxiety). Although I am sure it is better than smoking, it freaked me out a little.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran leaford's Avatar
    Blog Entries

24 is my normal strength, Zero. Give it another try and see if that's more satisfying.

I needed 24mg to quit. The 16mg was just not enough. Give it a try. And maybe just don't buy any cigarettes for quite a while. I smoked for almost 40 years and I loved it! When I tried a cigarette about a month or so after I quit smoking I couldn't believe how bad they tasted.

You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by zeromisfit999 View Post

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran leaford's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Zero, one more thing that occured to me. What flavor are you using? Sometimes throat hit makes as much of a difference in how satisfying it is as the nicotine level, especially if you are also smoking analogs. SO if you are using a sweet flavor like the fruit flavors, which generally are smoother, switching to a tobacco or menthol with more TH will be more satisfying.

I didnt think I would ever be able to quit analogs but now I'm about 5 months analog free. Got my first Bloog order in October or November with 16mg nic. I immediately went from 2 packs a day to about 2 packs a week. That went on until December, I upped my nic to 24mg and went to about a pack a week. I started leaving the pack in my truck and dropped to 2 analogs a day (one on the way to work, one on the way home). Just wasnt worth putting pants on to go out in the cold to get one LOL. Went on vacation over MLK weekend and on the way home my car charger died so my batteries went dead. Finished off the 1/2 pack of analogs I had with me and havent bought any since then. I kept wanting one all day, every day but with the Bloogs it wasnt an urgent need for one so I was able to ignore it. After about 2 months I had an analog I bummed off my friend at the bar and it was nasty. Havent even wanted one since then. I smoked 2 packs a day for about 25 years.

Hang in there you can do it, you just have to really WANT to quit and get in the right mind set.

Oh yeah, I have recently lowered my nic level. Have been mixing 24mg Bloog juice with 30-40% unflavored 12mg VG from EC Blend. Use that sometimes and use some 12mg 40% VG tobacco flavor juice from EC Blend.
    Last edited by Gizmo42; 05-10-2012 at 01:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast