Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Train2
  • 1 Post By Train2
  • 1 Post By spacekitty
  • 3 Post By puckhead
  • 1 Post By flaviop
  • 1 Post By NicoHolic
  • 1 Post By DeeLeeKay

Thread: Will Fruit-Flavored Tobacco Go Away?

Exclamation Will Fruit-Flavored Tobacco Go Away?

So we are introducing our line of USA-made e-Liquids that are produced at a pharmaceutical facility in the next couple of weeks. The rumor is that the FDA will ban fruit flavored tobacco e-liquids. Do you think that will happen?
    Flavio VP of Sales & Marketing at Bloog

Krazee Kat Laydee/Guru X2 Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

They banned flavored Tobacco cigs here in CA, but with e-liquid it's a whole different story... since the flavorings are so readily available. I can even buy some at my local cooking supply store, and they can't ban all of the candy flavorings that are sold everywhere... LOL!!

I think it would just force more people to DIY!!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I don't see how that could happen.
    There's no agency with a reason or authority to ban flavorings, or flavored mixtures of PG and VG. The only component that could be banned, taxed or regulated is the nicotine.
    So theoretically, nic could become more difficult or expensive (taxes, licenses, shipping restrictions) to acquire.
    Should that happen, then we might see the business change - smaller juice vendors getting pushed out of business or juice vendors selling a blend of everything BUT the nic (if they can't get licensed), etc.
    flaviop likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I don't see how that could happen.
    There's no agency with a reason or authority to ban flavorings, or flavored mixtures of PG and VG. The only component that could be banned, taxed or regulated is the nicotine.
    So theoretically, nic could become more difficult or expensive (taxes, licenses, shipping restrictions) to acquire.
    Should that happen, then we might see the business change - smaller juice vendors getting pushed out of business or juice vendors selling a blend of everything BUT the nic (if they can't get licensed), etc.
    flaviop likes this.

Krazee Kat Laydee/Guru X2 Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

But they have already started to use the same argument that was why Flavored tobacco cigs were banned... that it attracts children to use them... LOL!!

And so did Joe Camel!! LMAO!!!

But seriously, there was a recent poll for ecig users about the flavors in the juice they use... and that will probably be a good defense against any ban the FDA would try!!

Full Member ECF Veteran

I think vendors should start labeling them as flavored vodka juice. Strawberry Vodka e-liquid, Watermelon Vodka e-liquid. Apparently those do not appeal to children and are OK to be on the market.
    spacekitty, flaviop and Lorelei like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spacekitty View Post
    They banned flavored Tobacco cigs here in CA, but with e-liquid it's a whole different story... since the flavorings are so readily available. I can even buy some at my local cooking supply store, and they can't ban all of the candy flavorings that are sold everywhere... LOL!!

I think it would just force more people to DIY!!

I agree with you. it would be very difficult for them to control the DIY crowd.
    spacekitty likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flaviop View Post
    So we are introducing our line of USA-made e-Liquids that are produced at a pharmaceutical facility in the next couple of weeks. The rumor is that the FDA will ban fruit flavored tobacco e-liquids. Do you think that will happen?
    We simply don't know what the FDA will do, but yes, there is the potential that e-liquid could be restricted to tobacco flavors, and perhaps menthol (which they're also going after), like they do with tobacco cigarettes. That won't stop e-juice companies from selling "food" flavorings that can be used in unflavored nicotine liquid. I use liters of vape strength unflavored nic juice poured on top of flavoring from a variety of sources, one a well-known Italian food flavoring company, into 30 ml bottles. A shot pourer in the liter bottle works pretty well.

I don't know how well dropping flavoring into a carto pre-filled with unflavored nic juice works though. I'll have to try that.
    flaviop likes this.
    Two REO Grands w/RM2 RDAs Super-T Precise Simplicity 18500 w/ΣΟΦΙΑ IBTanked eVic and USB eGos w/ProTanks
    Swedish snus - a stealthier alternative to stealth vaping.

Super Member ECF Veteran DeeLeeKay's Avatar

The DIY ability with the juice would make unflavored nic juice the "in" thing to buy. People will buy their "nic" level and add the flavors of their choice. It would be a nightmare to stop something like that happening.
    NicoHolic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeLeeKay View Post
    The DIY ability with the juice would make unflavored nic juice the "in" thing to buy. People will buy their "nic" level and add the flavors of their choice. It would be a nightmare to stop something like that happening.
    Yeah we see that happening abroad where importing Nic is banned....it will definitely be interesting to see what happens in the next few months