Blu Disposable Teardown
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Fenderfreek
  • 1 Post By sobero4

Thread: Blu Disposable Teardown

Default Blu Disposable Teardown

Hello everyone,

i am a bit of geek, and I am sure many of you share my love for exploring all things technical, so I couldn't help but share when I decided to do a teardown on my vaped-out Blu Disposable! I took a few pictures, which I have included below, and they pretty much speak for themselves. I will explain a little as I stepped through taking it apart, and questions or requests for details and photos of parts are welcome.

If this belongs in a "tech" section, feel free to move it as appropriate.

I started by popping off the mouthpiece and the endcap. I then used a ballpoint pen to simply push the whole assembly out of its tube from the battery end, like a plunger.

Pic below, from top to bottom:
    1) Complete Blu Disposable E-Cig
    2) E-Cig with plastic wrap (mostly) removed
    3) The "guts" of the disassembled unit

Upon initial inspection, the design appears to be a fairly standard cartomizer. The small device at the bottom of the battery is the automatic switch to activate the battery and a tiny blue SMD LED.

The battery reads "GN 08570 1.05Wh" and "CS10070A01L"

Nex pic shows the clear plastic tube around the poly mat and the poly mat itself removed. Under that we see another wrap of thinner mat wrapped around the coil assembly.

Next is the inner wrap removed, revealing a wick that was wrapped around the air tube and coil.

Finally, I removed the air tube to get a better look at the coil assembly. Pretty standard coil design, small wick inside and everything.

This is all I have at the moment, I didn't go any further, but if anyone is curious about something I didn't cover, feel free to ask.
    NWDragonfly likes this.

Fenderfreek thank you for those pics. I was wondering how they were put together.

I am more interested in the juice. I know it is not sold, but I like it. I used these for a few days before buying a Bullet and Tank

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

This was my very first electronic cigarette and have never smoked another analog since I vaped on this for the first few weeks, and for that I'm truly thankful. That being said, every PV I've bought since is superior to this device...some by a little and some by a whole lot. This is a device for a true newbie... so I suppose it has it's purpose and there is a market for it.

Full Member ECF Veteran

great pics, thanks

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

I've heard the Blu's are a whole lot better than when I got one as my first e-cig about 19 months ago. Mine was just ok and seemed to barely get the job done, but isn't that most people's experience with their first e-cig device?
    Mr.Mann likes this.