BluECigs = Nightmare
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BluECigs = Nightmare

Default BluECigs = Nightmare

I recently ordered a starter kit from blu electronic cigarettes and after I did I was so excited to get the little tike...It was my first venture into the electronic cigarette world and I didn't know what I was getting into. I ordered on 6/7/09 for a full black kit with blue LED. 10 days went by...No Blu...decided to find another place to order from while waiting for Blu...I ordered from Ritesmoke.com...amazing customer service with priority shipping. I went through the starter carts, ordered a carton more of carts (I believe its a 306 that I have) but still no blu...as of 6/30 my order suddenly said shipped from blu. I waited a few days. Holiday weekend probably backed up mail a day or so...nothing...contacted customer service and they assured my that my product had been shipped. as of 7/8 no Blu...I checked my e-mail and suddenly I had a message stating Inventory Pending...CUSTOMER SERVICE LIED!!!!!I called to get more info and they didn't know when the shipment would arrive so I could get my Blu so I cancelled my order. Now I have a 306 from Ritesmoke, and its awesome. Then due to the overwhelming amount of praise from this board I have ordered a 510 from InnoVapor...Can't wait...the moral of the story is...blue sucks, don't order from a company that will not keep you up to date with progess then lie to you...

Allot of my chest for my first post...any similar instances from anyone else??? and also if anyone doesn't know...Ritesmoke rocks...

Ultra Member

Ahh goodie a new thread on the Blu....the last one had nearly left the first page of todays posts.... I hate it when No one is talking about the BLu.

Assclown Exterminator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

ive heard that they are really back ordered

It appears that ritesmoke sucks:

Ritesmoke.com

My advice is to buy from an established supplier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    KreeL - Team 36mg

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I ordered mine on 6/15 cancelled today 7/11..

When I first placed my order they stated a 2 week back order. Then their website said 3 weeks. Now I'm hearing 4 weeks. I sent an email asking politely what the status was and got a generic copy/paste email 4 days later.

I chose Blu because it was my first introduction to ecigs. It looked like a cigarette, had all the accessories I needed with it. Warranty/moneyback guarantee. Youtube video reviews looked like it was great. In my quick research I heard of other brands and didn't want to mess with juices. Sounded great, couldn't wait to try e-smoking. Out came the credit card and wouldn't mind the 2 week wait since I'm getting what seemed the best e-cigarette there was.

After 3 weeks and an unanswered e-mail I got inpatient and googled Blu cig forum and found this place. After hearing of everyones experience and problems with Blu not lasting long and how long it would take to get refill cartridges I decided Blu was not for me and would be cancelling my order.

I spent all day doing research on what I wanted and decided to go with a 306 from Electro-Nic-Stix based on great reviews and fast shipping. I placed my order late last night and within an hour got an email from USPS stating they were expecting my package for shipment just like all the reviews I read. QUICK service!

While not optimal I really liked the size factor and auto battery of the 306. I figured it would be a good starter to get me into e-smoking. I figured later on I would probably end up ordering a manual switch 510.

One of the most confusing things was figuring out all the re-branding thats going on with e-cigs. I read reviews on the 510, Dura, Yeti, EVO, Intellicig, M401, M402, 306, 306a, and minifogger which is just 3 different e-cigs.

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by KreeL View Post
    It appears that ritesmoke sucks:

Ritesmoke.com

My advice is to buy from an established supplier.
    I don't see where this user states his unsatisfaction with Ritesmoke.com. With the model, maybe, but not with the company. From what I can see they sent him another model as replacement, after which, he posted nothing.
    I also ordered from Ritesmoke since they are local, and so far have nothing but good things to say about them. Yes, their Delight Model is rebranded Joye306, and IMHO this is one of the best mini-ecigs available on the market.
    BTW, just checked their website, they have some 510s on clearance. I see more and more posts about this model. Will order next week when I get my paycheck .. he-he

Full Member Verified Member

Default blu sucks indeed!

I had a very similar experience with blu. Put the order in on 6/4, waited and waited, then ordered a 510 kit from Altsmoke (that arrived in 3 days) and after a week of using the 510, cancelled my order with blu on 6/30. Love the 510 and haven't thought about that other company since!

YUP. I was going to get a blu, but after reading the problems everyone was having with shipping, I decided against it. I wonder if blu's are so popular because the come in a pretty box and thats why they are back ordered.

Super Member ECF Veteran Scaralouche's Avatar

It's the same reason people buy Sony or some other huge name. They market the snot out out their names. I was first directed by google to smoking anywhere. Being the veteran e-shopper I am, I also found this place on the first page of my google search. I also did the same when I started drinking Absinthe. I went to the Wormwood Society and read up on the different brands, how to drink it (there is a process, you dont drink it straight, for the love of Pete), and most specifically, what to avoid. For electronics, I visit CNET or some other peer review sites. So far, because I do my research I have never wasted money or my time.

Chalk it up to a lesson learned, friend. There's always a different story to be told, and it is never on the company website. There is usually a group of people who talk about it somewhere, be it a forum or something else. But you want to hear from END USERS what their experiences with the product are. Then weigh that before you make a decision. Based on what I learned here in my first 30 minutes of surfing around, I ordered a JOYE 510 from e-smokey treats. Just wish he could keep his stock of 510 stuff up more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast