Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Blu Batteries

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Default Bad Blu Batteries

I've had my blu for a couple of months now and I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten bad batteries? I've had to return 2 batteries that won't even stay on for a second. I'm about to go to their online support to return the third bad battery the just sent me today. I fully charged it, screwed in my atty and took a puff. The darn thing didn't even go on. Then I had to blow through the led end to at least see if it worked and the led lit up. Then I tried to take a puff, it goes on for a second or two and cuts out, not even long enough to heat up the atty. Now I'm starting to get a bit cranky about the situation. My one working original battery is good, I can take a good long 5 to 8 second hit off of it and everything's fine. I think when they got so far behind in shipping, their supplier/manufacturer fired their QC guy and decided to ship out whatever it had laying around and no one checks them at BluCigs when they come in. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Just a thought, If you screw a shorted atty to a battery, the battery will go bad immediately.
    More VAPE Please
    Tink

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

no shorted attys here. I've tried them all on my one good original battery and all work fine, so that's not the problem.
    Last edited by chrisl317; 08-09-2009 at 04:26 AM.

Default bad battery

I ordered JUNE 30th and Received it August 7th. Already one battery is DONE. it won't charge and it won't work - it's not the atty it works fine on the other battery.... thinking about sending the whole damn thing back

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Default update

Well, for the 5th or 6th time I talked to their online support yesterday (Drew this time). I can't fault the company or their support. I think the manufacturer is sending them pooh. But, this time they just asked me to check the atty, which works fine and then they asked me if I would like them to send me out another battery. What was surprising is that normally, they would request I send the defective battery back first. This time they didn't. I also requested that this time someone check the battery before sending it out to me. I said if the battery won't stay on for at least 5 seconds or more I'd be right back requesting another battery and that I was getting a bit frustrated by the whole affair. I was told that they would send out "A Good Battery" to me. We shall see, if not, I'm just going to order a a j108 or l88 battery from someone else and just not deal with Blu anymore. I have to give their Marketing Team "props" though, they definately put the word out to the world about e-cigs. Anyone else having any battery problems with BluCigs though, past or present?

if anyone isnt having a problem with their blu they dont use it or they are very easily satisfied with frequent malfunctions and shotty construction... one of my blu batteries burned out shortly after i got it and the atty doesnt put out consistent amounts of vapor... yea the pack is useful for recharging on the go but it isnt unique to blu like they claim... the joye 510 has a pack that charges as well... the only reason i keep my blu is a fallback for if god forbid something goes horribly wrong with my 510

hxj
    Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fozzie View Post
    if anyone isnt having a problem with their blu they dont use it or they are very easily satisfied with frequent malfunctions and shotty construction... one of my blu batteries burned out shortly after i got it and the atty doesnt put out consistent amounts of vapor... yea the pack is useful for recharging on the go but it isnt unique to blu like they claim... the joye 510 has a pack that charges as well... the only reason i keep my blu is a fallback for if god forbid something goes horribly wrong with my 510
    I'm pretty sure the 510 PCC doesn't store an assembled 510, so every time you take it out of the pack you have to screw it together, which I know I'm going to dislike when my 510 gets here. In fact, I don't think it even stores a second battery, so if you want to charge while you vape you have to carry the PCC and a 510, as opposed to blu, where it's all in the pack.

I may be the only one (judging from the comments, it seems likely!), but I've had a blu starter kit for a month, and I haven't had any battery problems EXCEPT two days ago when I dropped one really hard on the floor and it started activating all by itself at random times. However, when I checked it a few hours later it was behaving itself again, and has been fine ever since then. (I suspect that when it fell, some liquid got jolted through the atty hole into the battery and caused a temporary short in the activator circuit.)

For the record, I've dropped blus at least a half-dozen times, usually onto concrete, and before Monday, I'd never had any problem afterwards other than scraped paint.

I ordered two more batteries just in case, though who knows how long it'll be before I get them. When I ordered more atomizers (extras, the originals still work fine) I got them in five days, so we'll see.

Incidentally, the four atomizers cost less than $20 including shipping, and came with four new mouthpieces, two white and two black, which I was happy to see because it makes it easier for me to remember which cart is which flavor: I now use black mouthpieces for espresso and black cherry, white for chocolate, and natural for JC original and Tennessee Cured.

same, battery problem here, I just received my blu 4 days ago. gotta say, very pro design, awesome flavor, but the battery is a joke. first of all I cant find any information anywhere how long do I have to charge the battery first time. the instruction says until the light goes off. now thats interesting, cause it never goes off. its on, or it's blinking randomly. same thing with the usb charger. the instruction says :"the blue light on your battery will flash and the USB charger will change from red to green when charging is complete". green? I never saw green color on that thing. however I got short blue blinking when its red, and it turns blue and stays blue for like 10 sec, after about an hour charge.
    so the first time, when I used it it was good (about 1 hour charge for the battery, and 2 hours for the pack). good amount of vapor, nice flavor, everything is ok. after 3 days even with the fully charged battery I got like 1/10 of the vapor, 0 flavor 0 throat hit. and its not the atomizer for sure, I ordered 2 extra, so 4 attys cant go bad in 3 days. (I had a janty mini fogger before, so make sure I asked for extra attys when I ordered the blu)
    the other thing is the cartridge. last like 3 cigarette that's it. under 3 days I killed half of the 25 pack. tried to fill up with johnson creek, original tobacco juice, didnt help too much, but I guess, the battery is the main problem here too. the reason I ordered blu is because of the good price, and the good design. also I know batteries and atomizers go down sometimes, and I liked the idea, this company will not charge me outrageous price for these things, like another one before. 2 extra attys were 10 bucks including shipping. you cant beat that. but the battery goes down in 3-4 days? ..c'mon

Full Member ECF Veteran

I got the Blu cig and i used it for 20 days and i was dissatisfied.the batteries kept going out. i would have to charge it every couple hrs. so i returned it and bought vapor 4 Life. and the battery has lasted me all day. and more amazingly enough the one cartridge last me for more then a week. and i smoke it none stop. blu's batteries are short lived.

jennifer

hxj
    Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jaspry View Post
    I got the Blu cig and i used it for 20 days and i was dissatisfied.the batteries kept going out. i would have to charge it every couple hrs. so i returned it and bought vapor 4 Life. and the battery has lasted me all day. and more amazingly enough the one cartridge last me for more then a week. and i smoke it none stop. blu's batteries are short lived.

jennifer
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Vapor 4 Life model is an LT-V9? If so, of course it has a longer-lasting battery, it's quite a bit larger (110 mm vs. 88 mm for blu). With batteries, there's always going to be a trade-off of size vs. duration; that's why blu starter kits include two batteries and a PCC that can charge one battery while carrying a complete e-cig, so that you can always have a charged battery ready to swap out. It's not likely to be satisfactory for heavy smokers, because they'd be swapping batteries constantly, but for those of us who don't vape as much throughout the day (I go through an average of three blu charges a day) and prefer a smaller e-cig, blu is a nice solution.

I'm curious as to how blu battery life stacks up against, say, that of the DSE-084, which is even smaller. Someday I may get one just to see, but so far the blu's been everything I need, plus I have a 510 arriving this week. And I haven't seen anyone selling a decent 084 PCC yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast