The general dislike of BLU - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: The general dislike of BLU

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by the_vape_nerd View Post
    The one big problem I have with Blu is that they are owned by Lorrillard now and are thus, in bed with big tobacco.
    Didn't know this...Blu sucks!

Congrats on making the effort to quit!

I LOVE Blu-Cigs! I owe my quitting of the ciggies to Blu-Cigs and Vivid Vanilla pre-filled cartos! I will always remember that.
    There is nothing wrong with Blu-Cigs. It's great that they are working for you. Wish you continued success with them. I still have my starter kit and fire it up every once-in-a-while when I need extra stealth.

There are alternatives available that some prefer. Battery life is a big issue for me, as well as being tethered to a charger all day, every day. If they can solve that, I could easily see myself as a more frequent customer. There are less expensive alternatives for Blu-Cigs cartridges and ejuices as well. That said, they have a place in the arsenal, and I always like to have a pack of Vivid Vanilla or a sampler pack of refills on hand for emergencies.

Blu-Cigs certainly worked for me, and I will never forget them as the tool that finally helped me quit analog ciggies......
    Last edited by TyPie; 05-29-2013 at 02:54 PM.
    DRUMROLL, please............................................

Thanks guys for all the great responses. I know it's inevitable that I will want something cool and much better in time. I emailed Vape NY and Spike wants me to try an ego mini kit an egoJ. its $30 with an $8 bottle of juice free. I did however invest in some Johnson Creek juice and a syringe tube thingy that cleans and re-fills old cartos. Time will tell
    chellemmm and wolfie_beast like this.

you could always get a ...wait for it ...PROVARI MINI..lol
    the black satin one is killa its tough but is spendy....
    whatever works is fine but you will in time look for a better pv to fill your needs

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

First welcome! Congratulations!

Nothing wrong at all with Blu. Rather comforting to know that regardless of where I am I always have a pack of prefill on a store shelf as a $15 back up.

As to being anti-Blu due to being purchased by Lorrilard, I don't get it. Lorrilard is actively pursuing the ecig market.. They've made ecigs widely available at far less than mall kiosks pricing. And they are at least attempting to normalize ecigs. Also (unless something has recently changed) Jason Healy (former president, current consultant) has offered up time and again that although he doesn't actively defend bottled eliquid he doesn't campaign against it either. Blu may not be our BFF but that doesn't make them our enemy.
    LaraC likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVsGirl View Post
    On a side note I felt bad because I referred her to the guy selling Volcano's at the mall which most of us wouldn't do but her husband is an Allstate claims adjuster for disaster relief so they're never home and ordering something by mail would have sucked. She probably paid 3x's what she should have but she emailed me saying she finally quit.
    I'm assuming you're referring to the Volcano at the Woodfield mall? If so, you're right. Totally overpriced. But at least you helped her!

And, OP, to piggyback on what most everyone else has said, if something works for you, keep it up!
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

I like many others quit smoking using blu, but also ended up moving on fairly quickly. Use whatever works!
    Mountain_Rain96 likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtrucker40108 View Post
    First welcome! Congratulations!

Nothing wrong at all with Blu. Rather comforting to know that regardless of where I am I always have a pack of prefill on a store shelf as a $15 back up.

As to being anti-Blu due to being purchased by Lorrilard, I don't get it. Lorrilard is actively pursuing the ecig market.. They've made ecigs widely available at far less than mall kiosks pricing. And they are at least attempting to normalize ecigs. Also (unless something has recently changed) Jason Healy (former president, current consultant) has offered up time and again that although he doesn't actively defend bottled eliquid he doesn't campaign against it either. Blu may not be our BFF but that doesn't make them our enemy.
    Naive...read what Blu is saying in their own memo..."90% of e-cigarette brands are exact replicas of each other – made in China, and rebranded by different importers. The liquid inhalant is made in mass quantities with no regulations or consistency from batch to batch. These companies are not concerned with consumer safety; they see only the money-making potential in this time of import freedom and little to no restrictions on the category. Thankfully, these 90% will disappear in the coming months"

How do they know this? Could it be they've lobbied, i.e., bribed FDA officials?

What Retailers NEED to know about electronic cigarettes | Blucigs.com

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Congrats on quitting. I started with Blu and it just didn't cut it for me. It took me 4 fully charged batteries to make it through 1 carto. And I was vaping one to one and a half cartos a day.

I recently sent my Blu starter kit off to another member that wanted it for his mother. Yes, I paid $60 for it, but it was collecting dust and $60 is a small price to pay for possibly extending someone else's life.

I will give it to Blu for starting me on my journey to quitting. But with as much as I vape, Blu just wasn't enough. If Blu works for you, stick with it until it no longer does. But if you find yourself wanting an analog again, it may be time to upgrade.

Account closed on request

Whatever keeps you off analogs and is working is great no matter what anyone says. I, like most people it seems, started with a blu and personally just couldn't hack it. It did however open the door to the possibility that I did not have to smoke and I didn't have to give it up thru means of a patch or a pill or a gum that made me feel sick and didn't replace the enjoyment I got out of smoking.

If it gets you by, by all means keep it up!!!

And congrats.

For me, after I Blu myself, I went right back to analogs for a year until I found an ego, and now an Itaste MVP and a protank and a wishlist of other "toys" I want now.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast