Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: The general dislike of BLU

Default The general dislike of BLU

Hi guys I'm a new vaper who didnt know about this forum and all its great info before I bought my BLU premium started kit. That being said most of the gripes are that the batteries dont last long and the prefilled cartos are expensive. I am not an all day vaper (mostly at night after work) I find with the 2 batteries I always have one charged. They give good vaper, and I have found a good way to clean and re-fill the used cartos. I spent 70.00 for the kit, so I don't want to be so fast to kick it to the curb for something else. what do you guys think?
    eratikmind and AgentAnia like this.

Well my frien who hipped me up to the what I am using now. The BLU ecigs didn't work for him. I tried the BLUs they were cool
    but just didnt cut it. So I asked my friend what he was using.
    He told me he got the joyetech ego-C upgrade 650mah pastrhough battery it has a usb charger on the end.
    I started with an evod tip. The difference between this and the blu is night and day.
    U can find them on line or if there is a local vapor store and I see u are in NY Im sure there are some
    go there and get a good batt and a good tip some juice and you won't be disappointed. A good vape store
    will let u sit there and sample the juices on the spot.
    I started last week, on my fifth day smoke free.
    Welcome and good luck. U won't be disappointed if u switch
    Leoleoleo, dmen1 and bobitize like this.

Flavor Chaser Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I think if it works for you and keeps you from smoking, it's a great solution!

Senior Member* Verified Member Patrick O'Brien's Avatar

I think most people start with a Blu or something similar. The batteries just didnt cut it for me, but I kept the kit since it was 70 bucks and I might use them if I am out in a club or something, since they are small. The Ego batteries with vivi nova tanks are much more enjoyabe. The battery lasts like all day, and the vapor/taste is amazing on most juices. Its almost like night and day, and WAY cheaper in the long run. Something for you to consider down the road or when you want to change things up. I had no idea the difference until a local vendor let me try his tank system. Its pretty impressive compared to Blu.

Super Member ECF Veteran Leoleoleo's Avatar

Hi Todd. Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

The right setup is one that works for you. Different strokes and all that. Don't let anyone tell you you're doing it wrong.
    Smokachino, TTK, LaraC and 3 others like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Hey man, enjoy what ya got till it's quirks start to irk you. Thats what all of us do for the most part. lol. We all started where your at, with the 510 batteries.. Then the eGos... And then maybe even mods. You will find your way. Enjoy the BLU, you may never find u want more. Welcome to the family. Stick around here, post, and you will make many a friend. Stick to vaping and your my pal. GL on ur vape journey.
    Provari, Reo, Nzonic, SilverBullet, Natural, Evic, Bolt, Telescope, Kuwako, eGos, Volts. Mainly RBA Drippers & Novas.
    Vaping since 2009. You have to leave the house to find something worth staying for.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I know a lot of people don't like Blu and they get a bad rap but you have to respect them for trying to mainstream e-cigs with the whole Steven Dorf ad campaign and all.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't mind you using Blu as a general principle. I have no problem with people who love cigarette look-a-likes and I prefer small mods myself.

The one big problem I have with Blu is that they are owned by Lorrillard now and are thus, in bed with big tobacco.

Big tobacco is hassling the vape community, trying to send our smaller vendors, vendors who innovated and built the industry out of the commercial arena. Lorrillard is spreading the lobbying money around and is trying to take away bottled or "loose, juice" as its known.

Since you've already bought the thing, I'd say go ahead and use it. How about maybe getting some cartos and juice though from one of the registered ecf suppliers? What is Blu a regular 510? You can probably get those supplies at 25% the cost at My Vapor Store, Hoosier E-cig Supply, etc.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I met a lady at the hotel my fiance is setup through work with long term. She had tried Blu and didn't like it. My fiance had his Provari with a Zen Atty Pro on it. She took one puff and was like Whoa!!!! That'll help me stop smoking. I guess the Blu wasn't working for her.

On a side note I felt bad because I referred her to the guy selling Volcano's at the mall which most of us wouldn't do but her husband is an Allstate claims adjuster for disaster relief so they're never home and ordering something by mail would have sucked. She probably paid 3x's what she should have but she emailed me saying she finally quit.

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJDP View Post
    I know a lot of people don't like Blu and they get a bad rap but you have to respect them for trying to mainstream e-cigs with the whole Steven Dorf ad campaign and all.
    I agree, if u are somewhat of a light smoker they are great. But if u are a heavy duty smoker and want a fighting chance u heavy
    duty vaping is the way at least for me.
    Blu e-cigs are the gateway vape.....
    JC Okie, LaraC and alcarl like this.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast