Hello/problem with blu e cig
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Hello/problem with blu e cig

Default Hello/problem with blu e cig

Hi everyone.
    Okay so I joined this site to ask a question about a problem I'm having with my blu e cig but I have to post here 5 times before i can post in the blu section or anywhere else.
    If you think you can help, I have the original blu e cig starter kit, the problem I'm having is that on one of my e cigs the blue light won't turn off. Normally it's only on when you're taking a drag or charging it, but it will not turn off or produce a vapor when a drag is attempted. I tried putting it in my USB charger to see if it'd help, it didn't, all that happened was the light remained on and the usb light turned blue which is indicative of the battery being fully charged. Then I tried putting it into the pack charger and the light remained on on the e cig as well as the pack, but if the light on the pack is on when the e cig is in that's indicative of it needing to be charged. So I really don't know what to do, my chargers are giving me mixed signals and nothing I do seems to turn the light off.
    kiwivap likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Yikes.

I'm not sure how to answer that question. I hope you figure it out. So you don't get tempted.

Sometimes people move up from the blu, to other devices. If and when you grt ready to do that, we can help you find the right equipment for your needs.

Sent from my mobile. Ignore typos please.

Yeah I've seen that all over the web about how not to use blu e cigs, I probably should've researched the product a bit more before buying but whatever thanks for answering anyway.
    Hopefully someone else will know what to do

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Sounds like that battery may be hosed. Not sure how much charge is left, but maybe let it sit until it runs itself dead. Then try to charge it. But my guess is that the battery is bad.

How long have you had it? Maybe go to the Blu website and send them an email. They may send you a new battery.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Sweatshirt View Post
    Hi everyone.
    Okay so I joined this site to ask a question about a problem I'm having with my blu e cig but I have to post here 5 times before i can post in the blu section or anywhere else.
    If you think you can help, I have the original blu e cig starter kit, the problem I'm having is that on one of my e cigs the blue light won't turn off. Normally it's only on when you're taking a drag or charging it, but it will not turn off or produce a vapor when a drag is attempted. I tried putting it in my USB charger to see if it'd help, it didn't, all that happened was the light remained on and the usb light turned blue which is indicative of the battery being fully charged. Then I tried putting it into the pack charger and the light remained on on the e cig as well as the pack, but if the light on the pack is on when the e cig is in that's indicative of it needing to be charged. So I really don't know what to do, my chargers are giving me mixed signals and nothing I do seems to turn the light off.
    Hi David - firstly don't connect anything to it - if it is stuck turned on it could burn your attachment.
    The pressure switch may be stuck - you can try tapping the threaded end of the battery (not the LED light end) a few times on a hard surface. If the LED light goes off you have unstuck the pressure switch, and can vape with it.

If that doesn't work - don't use it. Its no good. Either get a replacement or buy another ecig - I'd recommend Smokeless Image, or Bloog for cig size. Get two - you need a back up. If you are willing to go more cigar size - Vision Spinner or Ego twist.
    Last edited by kiwivap; 06-05-2013 at 12:20 PM.
    David Sweatshirt and SamZzz like this.
    About Variable Wattage & Variable Voltage

Gear: LP Reo Grand, Innokin SVD, Vamo, Zmax, VMod XL, CCST, Bolt

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MiamiMom63's Avatar

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. I think I remember seeing a youtube video that someone made of this same problem. Their Blu was laying on their desk still vaping away. If that's the case, I would think that could be a fire hazard. I know there are quite a few comments in other threads in here about the Blu. Most aren't real positive. Sorry. Also, two people I know that started with the Blu, went back to smoking. One finally got a better setup and quit smoking. The other one has never come back to vaping and thinks all Ecigs are like that. you should probably invest in an ego or spinner. If you just must have a cig sized Ecig, then I recommend the Volt.
    The Ocelot likes this.
    Check out our Vape Meets for South Florida at www.southfloridavapers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Azmo View Post
    Sounds like that battery may be hosed. Not sure how much charge is left, but maybe let it sit until it runs itself dead. Then try to charge it. But my guess is that the battery is bad.

How long have you had it? Maybe go to the Blu website and send them an email. They may send you a new battery.
    I've had it for almost 4 months, I was thinking about just letting it run until it dies but it's been hours and the light is still on. I have another one I can use since the blu starter kit comes with 2 e cigs anyway but it's nice to use one while the other charges. I may just buy a new e cig of a different brand if this one is permanently broken. It seems like no one online recommends blu e cigs anyway, and there are plenty of others out there.
    kiwivap likes this.

Mystagogue φ Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Hi

Personally, if it's still lit I would put it somewhere fire-proof.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Sweatshirt View Post
    I've had it for almost 4 months, I was thinking about just letting it run until it dies but it's been hours and the light is still on. I have another one I can use since the blu starter kit comes with 2 e cigs anyway but it's nice to use one while the other charges. I may just buy a new e cig of a different brand if this one is permanently broken. It seems like no one online recommends blu e cigs anyway, and there are plenty of others out there.
    If tapping as suggested doesn't fix it - put it in a pyrex dish or metal container and let it run down. Keep it away from anything flammable. I expect it will just run down until depleted, but best to be safe.
    David Sweatshirt likes this.
    About Variable Wattage & Variable Voltage

Gear: LP Reo Grand, Innokin SVD, Vamo, Zmax, VMod XL, CCST, Bolt

Well I went to the blu e cig site and they have a live chat stream, which set me up with a representative pretty quickly and they told me they'd replace it...if I printed out a form, filled it out, then sent it to them along with my proof of purchase. Too bad I don't know where the receipt is. This really sucks, and now I'm probably just going to switch to another brand of e cig anyway.
    kiwivap likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast