Starter Kits $35.00 - Warning
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Starter Kits $35.00 - Warning

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran DawnBella's Avatar

Default Starter Kits $35.00 - Warning

I picked one up at Walgreen's just for fun. I do like the Blu flavor and recharging is not an issue to me. Anyway, it lasted about 8 days before the PCC just up and died. $35.00 wasted. (well the 2 batts are still good but don't want black lol) This is the new stater pack (retail) that comes with 2 batts, 5 carts and hold 3 carts, 1 assembled and charges the other.

i started with Blue, and it didnt work for me... light Vapor production, not great flavor, and the battery died after 20 days (well, maybe not exactly, but it was less than a month...

i decided to stick with it.... i tried the Volt, from Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Smokeless Image Electronic Cigarettes - The Future is in your hands, and was MUCH happier....

i like the tobacco flavors, and i have tried...
    Midnight express (my all day Vape)
    desert joe (very good)
    RY4 (awesome)
    and my girlfriend smokes the cherry and peach (she loves both of them)

since then i have upgraded my equipment to a Vapor Craze Noble 1 (my first Genesis style hybrid)
    and i got teresa a iHybrid Clone off of ebay.

rolling stainless steel wicks was something that i was a tad scared of, but the vapor production is tremendous, much easier than i had thought. and the kanthal wire is cheap, and i like to tinker with it anyhow. there are alot of good videos on youtube that explain the process

do yourself a favor and get good equipment, i highly recommend Smokeless image to start out, the blu's were the first step, and if it had not been for the Volt, i would probably have given up. alot of the people i work with have tried the eGo's and they are just like the Volt except for they dont use the same clearo's the look just a bit different, and they wont thread onto the volt batteries.

i was a pack a day smoker and the Volt got me to kick the nasty habit in 4 days.... now i am addicted to Vaping!!!
    sickofsmoking likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    Blog Entries

Good heads up to those who want to try Blu.
    They should just order a battery, charger, clearomizer kit from fast tech for $12.00...
    And $4.00 for 2 , 10ml's of juice

I'm sure you tried this route Dawn,,with over 500 posts.....

VAPE ON

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gahh View Post
    Good heads up to those who want to try Blu.
    They should just order a battery, charger, clearomizer kit from fast tech for $12.00...
    And $4.00 for 2 , 10ml's of juice

I'm sure you tried this route Dawn,,with over 500 posts.....

VAPE ON
    Is Fast Tech an option for people like me that don't use PayPal?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Unfortunately, there are limited options at gas stations, grocery stores, etc and the Blu kit is one of the only choices for a rechargeable. I drove from PA to Florida the other day and picked up one of the Blu kits just to try it out. It reminded me of my first e cig, the original Volcano mini. Matter of fact, at the time when I bought mine, they were made in the same factory. The kit works as expected except that one of the batteries draws a lot better than the other. It must be the threading or something with the notches. Anyway, it is what it is. The big problem as I see it is the ridiculously expensive cartomizers, $15 for a 5 pack. Considering that you can buy a 30ml bottle of top of the line juice for $16. Blu has a good thing going for beginners I guess. Unless we know someone who's into it, we all get screwed on our first kit! It's a learning experience......
    ImperfectFuture likes this.

I started with blu about a month ago just to try them out and got hooked in.... bought an ego twist two weeks later....
    My blu still works and is still used.... plus the carts fit my ego so if I run out of juice or forget or can't fill up or just want something different, I can usr the carts.... and I take everything with me, as well as all the charging cables....
    I have noticed one battery draws better than the other, as well and both of them perform better now since I got the twist, but not anywhere near the ego still....

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My Blu kit cost $60, and I wanted both my wife and I to have one, so $120. Within 2 weeks I was onto Egos, Mods, cartos, etc.
    Couldn't sell the blu kits, even at a significant discount.

Senior Member* ECF Veteran gearjunky's Avatar

i just bought a new blu starter pack from walgreens...i have to say it is not a very good ecig so far. i just thought i'd see what the real story is on the blu myself. one of the 2 batteries barely works and i'm gonna be returning that battery to blu soon. i like the johnson creek juice inside tho but the vapor production is pretty terrible too. but considering the battery size, and cart design i guess i was just expecting a little better kit than what i got from this blucig...i mainly bought this pack thinking it would just be another easy kit to throw in my pocket when i need to go up town to run a short errand or whatever. i do tho like the PCC and the general concept of the kit. luckily it only cost $35 otherwise i'd be upset from my purchase...my main plan too was to re-fill the carts myself as i went along, but i really probably wont hardly ever use this blucig kit since the batterys suck and he vapor production is really really bad. i mainly vape on a large spinner type battery and a tank...so im really used to massive amounts of vapor, so i was not expecting "vape glory"...i also have several other pen style cig vape kits and i dont really like those either due to low vapor production and having to take such huge power puffs to just get a satisfying hit. i will probably just stick with my tank systems and variable volt spinner batterys even if they are kind of a pain to grab and go with me on short trips around town...

Full Member Verified Member

That's too bad :/ I bought the same kit and it still works just fine. One of the batteries definitely craps out quicker than the other, but I've never had a dry period between charges, and the PCC works great.

If you still have the receipt, maybe you could see what blu will do about the junked PCC?

Account closed on request Verified Member

I started out on Blu also, like a lot of folks. Quickly moved up to a eGo-T with a CE5. Never looked back. The Blu experience is great for light smokers or very casual/occasional smokers. Heavy smokers or chain smokers will never be satisfied with Blu, IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast