What's the point?
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By stevegmu
  • 1 Post By DasBluCig
  • 1 Post By Carrido1065
  • 1 Post By wv2win

Thread: What's the point?

Default What's the point?

What's the point in getting a Blu over a generic KR808?

Are there any electronic differences, or are you paying for the brand? Just curious- I've owned a KR808 generic and noticed little difference between it and a blu.

It's all about the Social Feature...

Heh. Not gonna lie, the blue LED on black looks pretty damn cool. I'm over the whole Analog-style e-cigs thing. I started out with those, now I've moved on to more advanced models. Not putting anyone down or anything, if you prefer Blus vape on!

One major downside to ego-style vapes:
    -Police tend to think they're something other than e-cigs. I've had a couple encounters with police being very curious about the vape pen sitting in my cupholder >.>

This is how I vape BLU-

ardelleg and Seapup like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post
    This is how I vape BLU-

Kinda like a Maserati engine....
    In a Yugo!!
    XTakk likes this.

the only reason i got them was because i didnt think i could do the thing with ego and tanks, it was confusing and this was already put together and it felt more like an analog
    SamZzz likes this.

Full Member Verified Member SamZzz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russkiy View Post
    What's the point in getting a Blu over a generic KR808?

Are there any electronic differences, or are you paying for the brand? Just curious- I've owned a KR808 generic and noticed little difference between it and a blu.
    From what I understand the polarity is reversed on Blu batteries Di you cannot charge them using anything but a Blu charger.

As for why.. readily available. Refills can be bought in most gas stations and several other stores. The PCC is small and handy... same size as a cigarette pack and the Blu cigs feel more like an analog than anything else.

While they are certainly limited and not the best way to vape, they make for a good "gateway" device to get people interested in vaping.

Just my 2.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Russkiy View Post
    Heh. Not gonna lie, the blue LED on black looks pretty damn cool. I'm over the whole Analog-style e-cigs thing. I started out with those, now I've moved on to more advanced models. Not putting anyone down or anything, if you prefer Blus vape on!

One major downside to ego-style vapes:
    -Police tend to think they're something other than e-cigs. I've had a couple encounters with police being very curious about the vape pen sitting in my cupholder >.>
    I've either talked with and/or introduced about 30+ law enforcement personnel to vaping. The police know what vaping is. In fact, due to posts like this, I asked 5 - 6 different police personnel if they are concerned when they see someone vaping on an ego or Provari or Vamo and they all justed laughed. One told me only rent-a-cop would be dumb enough not to know about the many different types of PV's.
    Last edited by wv2win; 11-23-2013 at 03:17 AM.
    Fulgurant likes this.

Full Member Verified Member SamZzz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wv2win View Post
    I've either talked with and/or introduced about 30+ law enforcement personnel to vaping. The police know what vaping is. In fact, due to posts like this, I asked 5 - 6 different police personnel if they are concerned when they see someone vaping on an ego or Provari or Vamo and they all justed laughed. One told me only rent-a-cop would be dumb enough not to know about the many different types of PV's.
    I could see this varying greatly by location though. In areas where vaping is just getting popular, not many people know what it is and ask "what's that thing?" I could see that happening with cops around here for sure.. but now that we have a few vape shops opening up maybe that won't be an issue.

I always fear about people hearing that folks are using them to smoke ......... and assuming that's what I'm doing.. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SamZzz View Post
    I could see this varying greatly by location though. In areas where vaping is just getting popular, not many people know what it is and ask "what's that thing?" I could see that happening with cops around here for sure.. but now that we have a few vape shops opening up maybe that won't be an issue.

I always fear about people hearing that folks are using them to smoke ......... and assuming that's what I'm doing.. Lol

I always get asked by kids whether or not I can put ........ in my vape.

Damn teens.