Cleaning blu batteries?

Thread: Cleaning blu batteries?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Question Cleaning blu batteries?

Hi all, I've got a question about cleaning blu batteries. I've got 2 kits myself, and also ordered a blu kit for my grandmother just to get her started on vaping. She's been smoking for 50+ years and I really feel like it's time for her to give it up. She really liked her blu when she first got it. Initially her blu's gave great vapor, but now, not so much. I maintain all of her equipment for her. I clean her atty's with highping's method and also clean the threading on her battery with isopropyl alcohol, but the past couple of days the vapor production has really dropped off. I'm wondering how one would go about cleaning the air intake hole that is in the middle of the battery, and how deep that hole goes. Any help would be great, I love my grandmother and want to make the transition to vaping as easy and as stress-free as possible. Pre-thanks!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

A good trick that's good for any auto batt to get any juice that's in there out is to suck on the connector end without the atty attached. It's not 100%, but it'll get alot out, I do this on my RN4081 from time to time. You'd be surprised how much juice can get down in that hole. It's the main reason I tend to stick with sealed manual batts.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Canned air. Spray it in the hole! I just did this a couple minutes ago, and juice came out the LED tip.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by keveck View Post
    Canned air. Spray it in the hole! I just did this a couple minutes ago, and juice came out the LED tip.
    Yeah, but by doing so, your forcing juice down over and past electrical components. Electric + juice/liquid = not good

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Yeah, but by doing so, your forcing juice down over and past electrical components. Electric + juice/liquid = not good
    You've probably got a very valid point, but it just fixed two of my batteries that were acting strange!

So, I guess do this at your own risk.

ECF Veteran

Although it might be a good way to clean them out from the LED end...don't know if you could position the nozzle to effectively "spray" the air into the batt tho, and I never could figure out how to get the LED cover off and back on again w/o destroying the batt

Super Member ECF Veteran

I think I'll go ahead and give the canned air a try on one of my blu batt's that I don't use and see what happens. Thanks for the tip!

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have about eight batts in rotation. I keep them all in a shot glass on my coffee table. I put them thread side down on a kleenex. My hope was that if any juice got in them, it would drain out onto the kleenex while they sat there all day and night. I don't know if this actually happens, but I haven't had any battery problems.

~A