Charger for 14430 Infinity Pro Batteries?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charger for 14430 Infinity Pro Batteries?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Charger for 14430 Infinity Pro Batteries?

I'm considering the XTAR WP2 II charger, but I'm not sure if the batteries will fit and am concerned the charge rate will be too fast. I've read that ideally, you want the charge rate to be half the capacity, so a 650 mah battery should be charged at a rate of 325 mA. Is this a problem? Are there any other chargers in this class that are decent? Pila is too expensive and I don't trust TrustFire due to personal experience.
    PVs: Cloupor ZNA 50, SMOK BEC Pro (didn't even last one month), Sigelei 20W
    RBAs: EHPro Pontus, Kaiser, Taifun GT (clone), Fogger V4.1, Stillaire (clone), 3D (clone)

ECF Veteran

Ordered the Xtar......
    RBAs: EHPro Pontus, Kaiser, Taifun GT (clone), Fogger V4.1, Stillaire (clone), 3D (clone)

PIF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Xtar is fine. Put the switch on it in position 1, when it arrives.
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

ECF Veteran

The Extar is pretty nice. Definitley better than the TrustFire I had before. Wish there were some wells to hold the batteries in place, but that may just be a mental thing, and the switch for changing the mA ouput could be better, but other than that not bad at all. Charges quickly too and does not throw sparks when I plug it in like the TrustFire did. Probably the best bang for the buck available.
    Last edited by caged; 05-04-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If you're just using them with the Infinity batteries, you can add a small piece of moleskin/shoe foam in each of the charger bays, that can make it simpler to align them, get good contact. I've been very happy with the xtar, combined with a little outlet timer.
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by markfm View Post
    If you're just using them with the Infinity batteries, you can add a small piece of moleskin/shoe foam in each of the charger bays, that can make it simpler to align them, get good contact. I've been very happy with the xtar, combined with a little outlet timer.
    Do you really need the outlet timer? Everything I've read says the trickle of electricity that happens when the charge is done is so small it makes no difference.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The XTAR is an excellent charger, the trickle level is about 0.1 mA, while the disconnected discharge rate is only 0.5 mA, both really tiny.

I'm using the timer because of where and how I charge. It's to protect against a charger failure, including if we get a surge on the AC power line (rare, but it does happen), and save power (the timer draws no power when in the off state). I went for a full year with the basic TR001 charger, never unplugged it, often had batteries on it for extended periods (the TR001 is pretty good, too).

Early this year there were discussions about weird charging things (not TR001 or XTAR related), I dug up the Belkin timer as a contribution during the thread when someone asked about timers, decided to get one when I bought the XTAR. I actually picked up a second timer for the basement, all my power tool chargers are on a power strip driven from it.

It's all about personal comfort level. I do charge on a tray in the bedroom (convenience), I do use good chargers and batteries, but recognize things can break, I'm too lazy to futz with a charging bag (another good option for unattended charging -- I actually bought one but decided not to use it).

ECF Veteran

I'm not longer so happy with the Xtar. The right channel is having issues (the charge light shuts off when I put a battery in it).

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It has a decent warranty, i believe.. Mine are both still solid.

ECF Veteran

I'm starting to think the red led has burnt out. For warranty work, I'm not sure it's worth the shipping costs and I can't figure out where I'd send it anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast