What is your favorite atty? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: What is your favorite atty?

  1. #11
    PIF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    markfm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    Posts
    9,158

    Default

    Pretty typical is a lot of people are actually happy with 8W, around 2.5 ohms/4.5V or 3 ohms/5V. You may nudge it up for some tobaccos, or just to provide a bit more kick during the day.

    I used 3 ohms for months on the original Infinity and Buzz Pro, very happy, When I picked up my tank I switched to 2.5 ohm fusions, still excellent run time and I had the option to go slightly higher on BP on power, though realistically I almost never go above 10W. With my VVPV the 2.5 ohm IO6 atty was a no-brainer to me, again I stay mainly at 8W, 4.5V, will bump up or down slightly during the day.
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

  2. #12
    Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dougiestyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN USA
    Posts
    2,275

    Default

    I simply love the 2ohm DC atties from CoV. They don't do well with bottomfeeders, but dripping is heaven with them! Haven't burnt one yet and they've been in my arsenal for almost 6 months.

  3. #13
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Laurel, MD
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markfm View Post
    Pretty typical is a lot of people are actually happy with 8W, around 2.5 ohms/4.5V or 3 ohms/5V. You may nudge it up for some tobaccos, or just to provide a bit more kick during the day.

    I used 3 ohms for months on the original Infinity and Buzz Pro, very happy, When I picked up my tank I switched to 2.5 ohm fusions, still excellent run time and I had the option to go slightly higher on BP on power, though realistically I almost never go above 10W. With my VVPV the 2.5 ohm IO6 atty was a no-brainer to me, again I stay mainly at 8W, 4.5V, will bump up or down slightly during the day.
    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dougiestyle View Post
    I simply love the 2ohm DC atties from CoV. They don't do well with bottomfeeders, but dripping is heaven with them! Haven't burnt one yet and they've been in my arsenal for almost 6 months.
    Are dual coil attys offered from anyone else? CoV has a bad habit of sending you attys at a different resistance than what you ordered and I don't feel like dealing with that possibility.
    PVs: SMOK BEC Pro, Sigelei 20W
    RBAs: EHPro Pontus, Kaiser, Taifun GT (clone), Fogger V4.1, Stillaire (clone), 3D (clone)

  4. #14
    Full Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove, IL
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dougiestyle View Post
    I simply love the 2ohm DC atties from CoV. They don't do well with bottomfeeders, but dripping is heaven with them! Haven't burnt one yet and they've been in my arsenal for almost 6 months.
    What are you running this on? I am interested in DC atties and looking for something new...

  5. #15
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    hificat101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Hi Caged, I have a Buzz Pro, and I run 2.5 Fusion cartos from Isaac. I never have to turn my B Pro all the way up. I think the 2.5 would give you the most flexibility.

    Are you the same Caged that makes Altoid Tin Mods for Smartvapes? If so, thanks for making more. I've been watching the site for awhile, and was able to order one today. I can't wait to get it.

    If you aren't the same Caged, nevermind.

  6. #16
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Laurel, MD
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hificat101 View Post
    Hi Caged, I have a Buzz Pro, and I run 2.5 Fusion cartos from Isaac. I never have to turn my B Pro all the way up. I think the 2.5 would give you the most flexibility.

    Are you the same Caged that makes Altoid Tin Mods for Smartvapes? If so, thanks for making more. I've been watching the site for awhile, and was able to order one today. I can't wait to get it.

    If you aren't the same Caged, nevermind.
    No. Is there an imposter running around?
    PVs: SMOK BEC Pro, Sigelei 20W
    RBAs: EHPro Pontus, Kaiser, Taifun GT (clone), Fogger V4.1, Stillaire (clone), 3D (clone)

  7. #17
    PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    DaveP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Central GA
    Posts
    7,872

    Default

    My favorite atomizer is a Boge 3.0 ohm carto at 4.2v. 7 to 8 watts satisfies me just fine. If you want to develop a feel for wattage, use the chart below. Find your atomizer resistance and look at the wattage in the chart at various voltages.

    Safe Power and Vaping Chart

    And I only smoked 6 a day for two years before that.

    Provari and Sigelei Zmax V3 | CASAA Member

  8. #18
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    MarcK73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    My favorite atomizer is a Boge 3.0 ohm carto at 4.2v. 7 to 8 watts satisfies me just fine. If you want to develop a feel for wattage, use the chart below. Find your atomizer resistance and look at the wattage in the chart at various voltages.

    Safe Power and Vaping Chart
    Thanks so much for posting that Safe Power Vaping Chart!!! It's a really good quick reference for a beginner!

  9. #19
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    272

    Default

    [QUOTE=hificat101;6006614]Hi Caged, I have a Buzz Pro, and I run 2.5 Fusion cartos from Isaac. I never have to turn my B Pro all the way up. I think the 2.5 would give you the most flexibility.

    Are you the same Caged that makes Altoid Tin Mods for Smartvapes? If so, thanks for making more. I've been watching the site for awhile, and was able to order one today. I can't wait to get it.

    hificat101 gives some great advice: IKENVAPES attys are really amongst the best. as you have been reading on this thread, amongst the experienced vapers, IKENVAPEs, ciscos, and the hh. 357s seem to get the consensus votes in terms of best flavor, plumes of vapor production, and longevity. experiment with any of the three brandings and you will likely not be dissapointed!

    hificat101, i too have been keeping an eye out for those smartvapes altoids VVs. man, i just checked the site and they are already all gone; i suppose 60 bucks for VV is a deal that cannot be missed though! still, lately with all the buzz about safe batteries and safe mods i wonder if it might not be better to stick to mods with established reputations for safety? that being said, i am always poking around these forums looking at the absolutely beautiful handmade wood mods made by independent/smaller suppliers, haha.

  10. #20
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Laurel, MD
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    Well, I grabbed the 306 special in 3 ohm and a cisco 510 @ 2.5 ohm. Figured the 306s would be more delicate so the 3 ohm may be a little stronger.

    Also grabbed a few dual coil SR attys.

    Thanks!
    PVs: SMOK BEC Pro, Sigelei 20W
    RBAs: EHPro Pontus, Kaiser, Taifun GT (clone), Fogger V4.1, Stillaire (clone), 3D (clone)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks