Buzz Pro Maintenance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buzz Pro Maintenance

Default Buzz Pro Maintenance

This isn't a post to bag on Notcigs or the Buzz Pro but, I have to report back on my recent experiences.

I have been enjoying and using my green buzz pro for about a month now. My curiosity and dilemma started after I bought my wife a BP.

The issues vs my wifes BP:
    1. softer/squishier button feel and response
    2. less impressive vaping and inconsistent hits

After removing my top cap I couldn't help but notice how loose the top screw was.

And, the button was slightly broken from its initial adhesive.

To correct these issues I manipulated the pcb board into a slightly better position, superglued the button into the perfect triggering position, and tightened up the top cap screw (left a slight amount of play on the bottom of the top cap wire screw to allow the wire to rotate).

The results:

Perfection.

Button effectiveness was good before and without issue but now that it is better secured and free of the walls it has a firmer feel and more solid "click".

Tightening the top screw resulted in a stronger vape.... I cant help but think the loose connection was impacting the circuitry's ability to produce a good vape.

I'm now happier with the performance of my buzz and I'm vaping on a 3 ohm carto below the yellow mark. (before I was half way between the yellow and red mark.)

Ian

I don't believe this was an issue of assembly or quality control. I think it was more likely just preventative maintenance. The screw holding the wire to the top cap had worked loose over time and it's very possible that I had jammed the button breaking it loose from it's adhesive.
    Last edited by gtianz; 05-03-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Billet Box, NotCigs Buzz Pro x2

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

why do you think tightening the top screw resulted in a stronger vape? i have my notcigs VVPV running with a cisco spec 3.0 Ohm atty and Empire Drip Shield running at the maxium voltage on the dial (i believe 5.6V not under load) and i find that the strength of the vape is not as good as the same set-up at even 5.2 volts on my provari.

i was thinking it had to do with the way the 510 connection situates with the atty, resulting in a more airy vape. who knows though? anyone have any feedback as to why 5.5 volts feels different on the VVPV vs. provari?

Quote Originally Posted by gtianz View Post
    This isn't a post to bag on Notcigs or the Buzz Pro but, I have to report back on my recent experiences.

I have been enjoying and using my green buzz pro for about a month now. My curiosity and dilemma started after I bought my wife a BP.

The issues vs my wifes BP:
    1. softer/squishier button feel and response
    2. less impressive vaping and inconsistent hits

After removing my top cap I couldn't help but notice how loose the top screw was.

And, the button was slightly broken from its initial adhesive.

To correct these issues I manipulated the pcb board into a slightly better position, superglued the button into the perfect triggering position, and tightened up the top cap screw (left a slight amount of play on the bottom of the top cap wire screw to allow the wire to rotate).

The results:

Perfection.

Button effectiveness was good before and without issue but now that it is better secured and free of the walls it has a firmer feel and more solid "click".

Tightening the top screw resulted in a stronger vape.... I cant help but think the loose connection was impacting the circuitry's ability to produce a good vape.

I'm now happier with the performance of my buzz and I'm vaping on a 3 ohm carto below the yellow mark. (before I was half way between the yellow and red mark.)

Ian

I don't believe this was an issue of assembly or quality control. I think it was more likely just preventative maintenance. The screw holding the wire to the top cap had worked loose over time and it's very possible that I had jammed the button breaking it loose from it's adhesive.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I unscrew everything every few days , also depending on what atomizer or tank i use i tight or loose a bit the connector screw.

To the post regarding airflow there was a thread where they suggest to use a different screw in order to increase airflow also the use of 510 extender.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MATRЁSHKA

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Everyone says that a flat head screw gives more airflow to the device. I believe buzz will ship some if you ask or if you make another order for something next time just add to the comments you want the other type of screw. I'm sure Bov will be around to answer this fully at some point.

PIF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Suppliers can't geyt to this area, including Bov as an SA.

Buzz has plenty of the slotted head, just ask.
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelb83 View Post
    Everyone says that a flat head screw gives more airflow to the device. I believe buzz will ship some if you ask or if you make another order for something next time just add to the comments you want the other type of screw. I'm sure Bov will be around to answer this fully at some point.
    I am having trouble seeing why a slotted screw would have any effect on airflow. Could anyone help me to understand?
    "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it"....E. Sitwell

"Oh Baby, my hair's on end about you".....Syd

PIF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Many cartos don't have a slot cut all the way across the face of the positive contact. If you stick a carto with no slot on top of a Phillips head screw, there is no path for air flow, since the Phillips head cut doesn't go to the edge of the screw head.

A flat head slotted screw always has the slot as an air channel.
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by markfm View Post
    Many cartos don't have a slot cut all the way across the face of the positive contact. If you stick a carto with no slot on top of a Phillips head screw, there is no path for air flow, since the Phillips head cut doesn't go to the edge of the screw head.

A flat head slotted screw always has the slot as an air channel.
    Got it Markfm, and it actually makes sense!..thank you
    "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it"....E. Sitwell

"Oh Baby, my hair's on end about you".....Syd

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    why do you think tightening the top screw resulted in a stronger vape? i have my notcigs VVPV running with a cisco spec 3.0 Ohm atty and Empire Drip Shield running at the maxium voltage on the dial (i believe 5.6V not under load) and i find that the strength of the vape is not as good as the same set-up at even 5.2 volts on my provari.

i was thinking it had to do with the way the 510 connection situates with the atty, resulting in a more airy vape. who knows though? anyone have any feedback as to why 5.5 volts feels different on the VVPV vs. provari?
    Not the top screw. The screw connecting the wire to the top cap was very loose (like 8 threads showing). Due to how loose this connection was I don't believe electricity was being effectively conducted.

Billet Box, NotCigs Buzz Pro x2

ECF Veteran

I've had the same issues you have, but it's not really a big deal IMO. I've had to reglue my button twice and it's pretty easy to notice and take care of when it separates itself.

My screws in the top cap will loosen themselves over the period of a few weeks so I've gotten in the habit of taking the top cap off every once and awhile just to make sure everything's kosher. My top screw usually stays tight, it's the bottom one that moves around. I just tightened mine down a few hours ago and it had worked itself QUITE loose (8-10 threads showing).

Seeing this thread, I think next time I screw it back in I'm gunna throw some purple or blue loctite on the threads to prevent it from working its way out again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast