Buzz Pro on the way....questions about tanks, cartos, VV - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buzz Pro on the way....questions about tanks, cartos, VV

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeminII View Post
    I did get the $40 one from COV. It's a solid block of aluminum. It's cake to use. Mark carto, slide into hole at end, turn handle until you hear a "pop", then two full turns. I've never had a bad punch, and the size of the hole has worked with even the thickest of juices (I mostly vape 100% VG). That said, I think Mark's DIY is freakin' ingenious! I would have tried it if I'd see it sooner. As for the tank, when I got the Buzz, I was on a CrAzY "if you can vape with it, I'm gonna buy it" binge. I got the sandblasted Phiniac with a tribal lion on it. Very happy with it. With a tank, my experience has been that the vapor seems thicker, the draw lighter, and the vapor cooler than a naked carto.

I don't do well with dripping either... I just got my first Cisco atty today, and I have to say... WOW! I've got to have that ALL THE TIME!!! The VV Reo or VVPV is going to have to happen at some point (I'm absorbing more nic from the side of my mod than from vaping LOL). I know that'll be the best of all worlds. I shall never forsake the Buzz though... So solid. Notcigs is awesome.

I am SO EXCITED for you!
    I love my Cisco attys. I was strictly cartos only but decided to give attys a try. The Cisco LR 1.5ohm and 1.8ohm are great and very user friendly.

I'm going to try the DIY method! Can't hurt. Thanks, I'm excited too! It was shipped yesterday so I better get moving!

Quote Originally Posted by markfm View Post
    Mine you don't use any power tools. You just need a little 1/8" Allen wrench from a dollar store to remove the set screw that comes with the hub, then use a standard cheap wrench to turn the hex head machine screw that punches the hole; I use a generic flat wrench, from a some-assembly-required exercise bike, works fine, this doesn't take any strength.
    I'm going to try it I'll probably be PMing you though just to give you a heads up

HH357 gets a lot of praise, certainly, but I haven't been tempted to try it simply because what I do use works plenty good enough for me.
    Ditto!

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Ok so I tried a different VV device yesterday, I think it was a Provari. The VV the person set it on still made my atty taste burnt. I tried it on a 1.8ohm atty and a 3.3ohm atty. The Strawberry Shortcake flavor tasted icky. Do you think it was on the wrong voltage?

PIF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Probably. No magic to VV, it is just a power delivery device. Of course it could just be dirty atties

The cool thing about the notcigs products is how easy they are to adjust, you really just spin the dial until things taste good. For many liquids the sweet spot combination is in the 8 - 10W region, so 1.8 ohms start around green, 2.5 ohms start just below yellow, 3 ohms start between yellow and red (there are 3 paint dots on the notcigs PV wheel).
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Probably. No magic to VV, it is just a power delivery device. Of course it could just be dirty atties

The cool thing about the notcigs products is how easy they are to adjust, you really just spin the dial until things taste good. For many liquids the sweet spot combination is in the 8 - 10W region, so 1.8 ohms start around green, 2.5 ohms start just below yellow, 3 ohms start between yellow and red (there are 3 paint dots on the notcigs PV wheel).
    Thank you so much! That is very helpful!

The Buzz Pro came yesterday!!! Unfortunately I realized there isn't much point in trying it out without a tank as it will just burn up the attys and cartos trying to find the sweet spot. I hope the Phiniac site opens soon!

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I used an Infinity, then a Buzz Pro, for 7 months with plain cartos before getting an M1A1 tank. You'll go through eliquid, need to top off more frequently, running at higher power, but it's absolutely worth firing that beastie up

I ended up just leaving the rubber mouth piece off of cartos, though a drip tip would also have been good to use, to simplify topping-off.
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I'm still waiting for Phiniac to re-open their site
    I'm getting so impatient to use the Buzz Pro!! How do I turn it off?

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Unscrew the bottom cap 1/2 turn.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

You're brilliant

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

It doesn't work

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Unscrew it slightly further, then. The threads are delrin, once the metal disc breaks contact, power goes off.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast